Ideal Concealment Holster

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Gilmo76, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Gilmo76

Gilmo76 New Member

I'm 5'3 and will be carrying a G23. I was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me what the best & thinnest concealment holster might be for someone my height. I have a holster on order from Raven Concealment Systems that will accommodate the GTL/22 while attached to my G23....hope it works as well as advertised!

2. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

I carryed a galco iwb holster for my
    G23, im 5'11 200 lbs...

3. I always recommend Kholster (www.kholster.com). He has great holsters for a great price.

4. IWB/OWB?

Anyway you can;t go wrong with the traditional Blackhawk Serpa Holster for OWB or an Uncle Mike's Neoprene for IWB.

5. iRockGlock

iRockGlock Well-Known Member

6'1 180lbs
    I use the Maxtuk from white hat holsters.
    Hybrid holster works real good and very comfortable.

6. RES17CUE

RES17CUE New Member

Still haven't received my Max Tuck from White Hat but I am dying to get ahold of it. I have yet to hear a bad thing about them.

7. jelder

jelder New Member

I'm 6'4" 225 lbs. I have a glock 30 n I use a galco concealable during the winter and a galco iwb holster during the summer

8. jfirecops

jfirecops New Member

I wish there was a "perfect holster", but sadly there is not. What is comfortable for me, the guy next to me will hate. I can't count how many holsters I have purchased over the years in search of the "Holy Grail" of holsters. My favorite so far is a Bianchi Minimalist OXB when I can carry with my shirt un-tucked or a jacket on.

9. Gilmo76

Gilmo76 New Member

Thanks for the replies. I also have a Galco "summer comfort" IWB, but sadly enough, it's not comfortable for me...guess I'll sell it. I've only worn it around the house, basically no wear or tear at all....should be pretty easy to sell...thanks guys

10. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

You can always try selling it here or maybe even trade for another holster, never knw....

11. Gilmo76

Gilmo76 New Member

Very true...I might try the MIC holster, but am a bit concerned about scratches to the finish caused by the buttons on blue jeans. Going to mull it over.
    Off to bed I go....

12. jelder

jelder New Member

Are you positioning the holster in the right spot? I love this holster

13. Gilmo76

Gilmo76 New Member

I've tried it in just about every position around my belt....like I stated, its probably just my size.

14. billmi

billmi New Member

Please pardon my newbieness, but what are these terms?

15. jfirecops

jfirecops New Member

IWB= inside the waistband
    OWB= outside the waistband, typically on the outside of the belt.

Need anything else? And welcome to the forum

16. jelder

jelder New Member

Very well could be! I have a lot blogger frame than you. Are u want iwb or owb? Or a mob?

17. Gilmo76

Gilmo76 New Member

Preferably an IWB that can be well covered with a T-shirt. I can carry "Mexican style" but don't want to scratch the frame with the metal buttons on my pants. For some reason the definition of mob is escaping me, lol

18. Gilmo76

Gilmo76 New Member

Oh wait...mob=middle of back....lol

19. billmi

billmi New Member

Thanks, for the welcome and the definitions.

20. dracer

dracer New Member

I carry a 27 in a Bianchi shoulder. Holster