I went shopping for Glocks today...

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by KeenansGarage, Mar 2, 2012.

1. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

Since I was off work today, I decided to use my time wisely and go by a couple of gun shops today. I ended up going to 4. Now, it is time for me to rant...

Out of the 4, I got the cold shoulder from three of them. The one I didn't get a cold shoulder was a pawn shop that only had Hi-Points in the cabinet. ***???!!:confused: I found used Glocks for $500, and new ones for $525. I know Glocks are good guns, but didn't realize they held their value that much! I can find them for $450 or cheaper all day long normally.

One guy said he couldn't get anymore guns because the manufacturers are not making them. Another one said I couldn't buy the glocks labelled 'law enforement' ones. (I am pretty sure they are 'law enforcement' trade-ins because they all showed wear and tear). I will have to follow up on that one and see if I am the one that was confused. He wasn't a nice individual. He would be what I call..'rude and abrupt.'

I just wanted to find some interesting Glocks. Long story short, today was not a good Glock shopping day. Oh well, maybe next week....end rant.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  2. Djstudter702

Djstudter702 Dj Studter

That's not a good day of gun hunting. I recently had the same rudeness. I went to 6 stores and even stated that it was my bday then and was buying a gun that day. Only three stores were nice, but only one had what I was truely looking for. It amazes me that some of these places survive off there local customers, but are just complete D*@%S. Its sad but has made me start looking into possibley online purchasing. Hope you have some better luck and find what you're looking for. Happy Hunting...

3. KeenansGarage

Oh, I have definately looked into this! There are some great deals out there, but I was trying to find it locally in the same range. Wasn't happening. You still have to have an FFL to ship it to. Right now, I am in search with a welcoming shop that I am willing to let do the transfer. One today quoted me $45.00 to do the transfer. :eek:

4. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Regular Guy

That is a bad day. I am lucky to have a LGS and range all under the same roof. I was not really shopping when I stopped in but left with a 25th anniversary G-17.
    Most places around here only charge $25.00 for a transfer fee. Better luck next time out. I would be bummed and would not return to those stores.

5. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

That's how the vast majority of my local shops are too; rude, ignorant, under stocked and over priced.

Luckily a good friend is an FFL holder so I find my deals online and have them shipped to him, or he finds deals for me, I buy him a 12 or 24 pack of Corona Light and we are all happy :D

6. Lovethyglock

Lovethyglock New Member

I had the same issue with a brand new gun shop that treated me like I was ignorant. Then they told me the glock I bought the day before somewhere else was junk. I wont be back.

7. I have not been in any shops for a few weeks except GT Distributors and I can't straight out buy guns from there w/o a FFL transfer{sux balls living on the opposite state line}, but I will be shopping for a new one to add to the stable at the end of this upcoming week. I hope my shopping doesn't go like yours.

8. Kmurray96

Kmurray96 Well-Known Member Supporter

At least in NJ (of all places), we go to Lawmans Supply in May's Landing for our Glocks.

Good if you're LE. I don't even know if they sell to the public. Never drove all the way down there (85 miles) as a civilian. I do know you have to show ID before they let you in. I'd call first.

The Bullet Hole in Belleville, NJ also carries a large inventory. Smallest gun shop I ever saw. About 18 feet from the door to the back wall of the shop. The range in back is only 23 yards because of the building size. They even have to go outside and lift the grate on the sidewalk to get to their inventory in the basement.

You can even see the cases of Glocks on the wall as you walk in.

But they do have a lot of stock and variety and they do a (pardon the pun) booming business. I've gone there and the line's out to the sidewalk.

9. Well if you bought a couple of gun shops today then why don't you just give yourself a glock? lol:p

10. Yes, most gun shops that Ive been to here in IL at least, are rude, under stocked, over priced, and actually dont have much knowledge, makes me want to open up my own place lol

11. KeenansGarage

A BS and an MS and I still missed that! Sometimes you just have to laugh at yourself. The good news is that 6 other people missed it too! :rolleyes: I went back and fixed it.

I had a good friend with a gunshop, but he left his buiness partnership, and well, that means he had to leave the FFL behind with it. That is half the reason I was out today. Find me a new FFL to transfer sweet new scores when I find them. So far, I am all empty handed.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  12. Shaun Kim

Shaun Kim New Member

I guess it's pretty common to see anal peeps at local gun stores. The shops where I'm from in most cases are really nice people, it's just that they're always low on stock and overpriced. So I order online. Just shop around and seek out the best deal and have a local FFL to receive the firearm.

13. I've been doing my homework and online prices are rarely better once the S&H and FFL fees are added in. There might end up being a 10-30 savings, but I would gladly spend that to walk out the door with it instead of waiting a week or two after giving up my cash.

14. Shaun Kim

Shaun Kim New Member

It all depends... Where I'm from it's common to see a glock selling for $600+!!! So when you do the math, it all makes sense. So it all depends...

15. lzyltng

lzyltng New Member

I wanted to add a Gen 3 G17L to my collection with TFO sights. No local gun shops here in Durango Colorado came near to stocking them. They're hard to find anyway. Online Glockmeister had THREE in stock, ready to ship. I immediately ordered one from them. With the TFO sights and FREE shipping, the total came to $749, which I thought was a very fair price for the hard to find G17L with the TFO green/green sights. My LGS is only charging me $20 to use their FFL to receive the gun, which I also thought was a fair price. The G17L will be my duty gun and my G19 is my daily carry. Happy hunting...

16. KeenansGarage

$20.00 is much more reasonable to do a transfer. I found a guy here that will do them for that, and that is perfectly reasonable. When gun shops start charging twice that is when I walk out the door.

PettyOfficer,
    You are right about buying new guns. You can find newer Glocks cheaper, but by the time you pay shipping and tansfer fees, you are looking at a higher price.
    I am currently looking for used guns. When I can find a G22 with sevigny sights and a cerakoted slide for $400.00 shipped +20.00 for the transfer..then that makes a better deal than anything I have found in a local gun store. Probably never will find deal like that in the store, but hey, I won't find them if I don't get out and look!

One store did have an OD 23 for $475 +tax a few weeks ago, but I didn't have the cash that week. It just so happens that last week, I found nothing.

17. Djstudter702

Djstudter702 Dj Studter

I've noticed that JGsales.com is selling used police trade in Glock 22s from $349-$399.

18. bhale187

GT DIST has Gen 3 Glock 22s with 3 mags (police tradein) for $329

Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  19. bhale187

Yea that price at GT is great. If I wasn't spoiled with blue label pricing I'd buy one myself.