Glock Firearms banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am debating whether or not I should put a few guns on arms list for an AR. I am trying to trade for it though. I am trying to trade all guns like new. A gen 3 Glock 17 with 3 mags. A M&P AR15-22 with one mag and a center point scope it's only like a $75 scope but 9X zoom does what it is supposed to. Also a Colt 1911 .22lr the government model with one mag. This picture shows them but I am keeping my EDC my 26. Is it something that is reasonably plausible or should I forget it and just try to sell them and buy one?

Attachments

·
Noob the forum boob
1,150 Posts
ScottyBiddle said:
I am debating whether or not I should put a few guns on arms list for an AR. I am trying to trade for it though. I am trying to trade all guns like new. A gen 3 Glock 17 with 3 mags. A M&P AR15-22 with one mag and a center point scope it's only like a $75 scope but 9X zoom does what it is supposed to. Also a Colt 1911 .22lr the government model with one mag. This picture shows them but I am keeping my EDC my 26. Is it something that is reasonably plausible or should I forget it and just try to sell them and buy one?
Pm inbound

·
Banned
4,056 Posts
ScottyBiddle said:
Usually .22's sell for pretty cheap. It all depends on how badly someone wants it, and how much the AR you want is.

I'd say just give it a shot online, and if someone buys it for a good price, go for it.

·
Hiding in plain sight....
18,120 Posts
I just bought parts over a few months and then put my AR together when I had everything! Catch stuff on sale and you could build one for the value if just one of your guns. Don't sell them!!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like the buying parts at a time idea. My g/f won't notice and it's not like spending a $1000 all in one swoop.

·
Hiding in plain sight....
18,120 Posts
Here is a PM I sent to another member a while back.

Here is a quick breakdown, as I have been looking at this for the past 4 months or so. First off, I had to decide what I wanted. What I wanted was a regular, mid-length gas tube 16" barrel AR with magpul furniture (forearm, grip, stock). When I priced those from S&W and other manufacturers, the cheapest I could find it complete was $1100. I started pricing different things and decided I could build it for 700-800.

Here is a one stop shop. You can purchase complete kits, and then just buy a lower from some place.
Try here: http://akpartskits.com/cart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=6_16&zenid=ae5b2f0 ea72750be7b278950cafc0b23
You can buy the whole kit. The problem I had was you cannot customize these kits. They are pretty cookie cutter.

What I did was purchase the parts over a few months to make my cost spread out a bit more. Also, this allowed me to customize my AR with some special parts, without having waste parts sitting around afterwards.
I started with a 'lower build kit'. This differs from a 'lower parts kit' in that the 'build kit' has the complete stock and buffer tube.
Look here for some build kits. They have free shipping right now over $50.00.
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ar-15-05/lower-parts/build-kits.html
Then, I bought the Bolt Carrier Group (BCG). I upgraded this part and purchased a Nickel-Boron coated BCG for easier operation and cleanup. Same principle as the EXO/Fail Zero/NiBx Glock slides. I also purchased a Magpul ambi sling mount plate, which goes on the buffer tube.
After that, I purchased parts as they went on sale (i.e. I bought the charging handle, Magpul Back Up Sight (BUS), and magazines). I ended up ordering my complete upper without BCG, Charging handle, and rear sight for just over 300.00.
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ar-15-05/complete-uppers.html
Once I got my lower today, I had everything I needed to complete the rifle. My total investment is around $775, including shipping of parts. It took me 4 months to collect everything. I also purchased some tools (an AR Armorer's tool from Amazon for $20.00 and some Harbor Freight plastic/brass hammers and punches).

Here is a quick list of everything you will piece together an AR, not counting tools.
Lower Receiver
Lower Receiver build kit (or Lower parts kit and Stock/buffer tube assembly)
Bolt Carrier Group
Charging handle
Complete barreled upper.
Rear sight/optic
Magazines!!!

I will try to put everything together sometime in the next few weeks. Most of the information I learned was from www.ar15.com.
If you have any questions, please let me know!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts