Glock Firearms banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi friends,
last week I went to the shooting range and got to try four guns, actually three guns with ammos (CZ Shadow, CZ Shadow 2, Beretta 92FS) and a STI (dry fire).
I've always shot with Glocks (two previous 17 and now a G45 9mm) so this was my first time with different guns: I liked the 92 most, while I found both CZ (1 and 2) and the 92 with the trigger too light for my taste, the guns are very heavy and probably the recoil is a little bit easier to manage but overall they didn't impress me.
The Shadows are beautiful guns to me, the Shadow 2 had a red dot on the slide, very funny... it was like playing with Call Of Duty :)
The STI's trigger is almost a joke to me: you think "I'm gonna fire" and it just moves by hitsself!! it's so excessively light that I think it's even dangerous... I imagine that trigger is just useful for competitions but I really don't like it.

So at the end of the day I was so happy that I have my Glock, I think it's better in so many ways, I like its trigger, I like its lightness, it's precise and believer or not more than a person asked to me "What are you shooting? I like this sound!".
:cool:

Fab

·
Glockin’ since 1993
42,287 Posts
Trigger too light?!?!
I have a friend that borrowed my STI and said the trigger was too light. For me a light trigger usually leads to tighter groups.
I don’t need another gun but I’m salivating to shoot the new Beretta 92X that’s coming out in a month or so.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Trigger too light?!?!
I have a friend that borrowed my STI and said the trigger was too light. For me a light trigger usually leads to tighter groups.
I don’t need another gun but I’m salivating to shoot the new Beretta 92X that’s coming out in a month or so.
I think it's about your own preference, I personally think a light trigger is ok for competition while a "glock trigger" is more suitable for self defence but I'm not a cop or a soldier so it's just a thought.
Probably if I started to shoot with a Shadow I'd be more prone to that trigger and I'd find the glock too heavy.

The 92X seems to be available in our market, it's priced 1500€ (1679$).

·
Glockin’ since 1993
42,287 Posts
Is the 92x finally getting a safety on the frame?
YES!
I’ve never been a fan of DA/SA guns but the 92X is checking all the boxes of things that could change my mind.
I’ve had Taurus PT101 and a Tanfoglio TZ75 back in the 90’s.
Glock and 1911 have been my go to in semiauto pistols. I like the same consistent trigger from beginning to end.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
42,287 Posts
I think it's about your own preference, I personally think a light trigger is ok for competition while a "glock trigger" is more suitable for self defence but I'm not a cop or a soldier so it's just a thought.
Probably if I started to shoot with a Shadow I'd be more prone to that trigger and I'd find the glock too heavy.

The 92X seems to be available in our market, it's priced 1500€ (1679$).
There is a valid argument for a heavier trigger in a combat/carry handgun, I just like a light trigger. Wether rifles or pistols my groups get tighter with a light trigger.

·
Premium Member
2,105 Posts
Is the 92x finally getting a safety on the frame?
YES!
I’ve never been a fan of DA/SA guns but the 92X is checking all the boxes of things that could change my mind.
I’ve had Taurus PT101 and a Tanfoglio TZ75 back in the 90’s.
Glock and 1911 have been my go to in semiauto pistols. I like the same consistent trigger from beginning to end.
I've never heard of the 92X before, but it's funny how things come full circle with the frame mounted 1911-style safety. Beretta now basically recreating a much nicer version of a Taurus 92 I bought back in 1987; which was itself a copy of the early 1970's Beretta 92.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
42,287 Posts
I've never heard of the 92X before, but it's funny how things come full circle with the frame mounted 1911-style safety. Beretta now basically recreating a much nicer version of a Taurus 92 I bought back in 1987; which was itself a copy of the early 1970's Beretta 92.
Yes. It’s brand new for their shooting team. I had the Taurus PT101. Liked the frame mounted safety also.
The 92X shines with a steel frame and great trigger.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts