i think im losing love for my g23

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by zachG23, Jul 27, 2012.

1. zachG23

zachG23 New Member

G19 is catching my eye not digging the 40 that much guys :(

2. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

Just out of curiosity, do you care to share further

3. dwcfastrice

dwcfastrice Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Get a conversion barrel like the rest of us and shoot 9mm out of it all day long.
    It's the "Same" pistol at the 19, just different pipes. (I know that's simplifying it a bit, but you get my drift).

D

4. Yes, get a 9mm conversion or even just get a .357 barrel like I did, it's a fun round. I already have a G19 so no need for a 9mm conversion right now.

5. zachG23

zachG23 New Member

I know thanx guys i ordered mine from loan wolf like 2 weeks ago and its backordered so only God knows when IM going to get mine ugh lol

6. zachG23

zachG23 New Member

So i hope i get it soon

7. Sam78

Sam78 New Member

I have a Glock 23 but haven't had a chance to fire it yet and was wondering why you did not like the 23 as much as before? Not being contrary, just want to learn. Thanks.

8. Blaze

Blaze Active Member Supporter

Trade it for a g30 lol

9. Sam78

Sam78 New Member

Can you explain? I'm not as knowledgeable. Thank you

10. Blaze

Blaze Active Member Supporter

I was saying if you done like ur 23 trade it for something u really love

11. steverich88

steverich88 New Member

My g30 barely any recoil easy to conceal just the best investment I made

12. PirateJim

PirateJim New Member

You don't give a lot to go on as to what you don't like, so all I can assume is that you feel the recoil on the 40 is too sharp since, as already noted, the two guns are pretty identical otherwise. Have you shot a G19? I'm sure the recoil is lighter, but I wonder if it will make that much difference for you. Have you considered trying different types of ammo in your 23? It is amazing the difference in felt recoil I have experienced when switching brands. PARTICULARLY if you have been shooting +P.

Personally, if I were using 9mm I would feel compelled to load +P for carry. Not so much with the 40. 9mm is an old round and manufacturers have to consider that it may find its way into old guns. Not so with 40 S&W.

To each his own though, that's why they make a range of calibers and sizes.

13. Augi

Augi New Member

FWIW, with a 23, you have some options. As previously mentioned, get a 9MM barrel and some magazines and you have a G19. Buy a 357 SIG barrel and utilizing your .40 magazines, you basically have a G32. As w/ any Glock, you can get recoil springs, trigger connectors, etc. and change the characteristics of the gun.
    What's not to love? It's a pretty good platform.

14. GunnerGSP

GunnerGSP Active Member

Sam had mentioned that he had not yet shot his 23. I believe he was wondering why someone would not like it and/or want to trade it.

Sam, I also have a 23 and it is a nice gun. So don't fret over that. Like others have said, the 23 can be converted to a 9mm for a relatively low cost. At which point, you have two guns in one. 9mm ammo is, for the most part, cheaper than .40.

Some have faulted the .40 cal Glocks for being a bit snappy with the recoil and I have to say mine does seem to buck at me. However, it is not unmanageable.

Go shoot yours a few times and then decide how you feel. Let us know what you think.

15. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

www.brownells.com has the Lone Wolf G19 barrels in stock and ready to ship for $105.

16. zachG23

zachG23 New Member

Well for me after having it for awhile and shooting i have stopped liking the 40. I can shoot it pretty well it's just the round is not for me i don't feel comfortable enough with it as i do a 9mm. The 40. Has a quick snap and follow up shots sent doing so hot. I find myself having to my wrists and grip very tight just to control the snappyness of the round i shoot. 45. And 9 NM no problem

17. zachG23

zachG23 New Member

I want something that i feel 100% comfortable with and confident. And a 9mm is plenty of protection. Just waiting for conversation to come probly another month

18. I agree, I feel completely secure with Speer 124 +p 9mm ammo.

19. Nyckid211

Nyckid211 New Member

I felt the same way about my 27, but I learned to control it using a few simple steps. If you shoot it again, try this:
    after the first shot, don't completely release the trigger. Slowly let off the trigger until you here it click. This is enough for it to reset and pulling the trigger to the rear from this point shortens the travel and makes it easier to fire accurate follow up shots. With practice, you can send multiple rapid follow up shots with precision. Also try using something other than 180 grain.

Right now I have a 23 and a 27. The 27 costs me a little more work with accuracy than the 23 because of the lack of rest position for my dominant hands pinky but with these two simple tips, my accuracy is well....accurate!

Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
  20. zachG23

zachG23 New Member

Thanx nyckid but i also have to keep my wrists very tight because if i relax it goes everywhere. So there's slot of effort going in to keeping my grip and wrists tight that's the only thing. So that's why i don't feel comfortable with it. With the g19 i can pick it up and just shoot it and it goes where i want every time but conversation is my best bet to practice with both :)