Glock Firearms banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was heading to the range to do some shooting and stopped in a local pawn shop to pick up some of this:

I was about to walk out when I decided to check to see what they had. It's a small pawn shop....at the bottom of the display case I noticed some gills on a compact frame. No big deal, because I already have two in the 9mm variety. Looking closer I see the "C" on the slide. Now I'm interested

I ask the lady if I could take a closer look and she pulls out and hands it to me. I dropped the mag and racked the slide back. The first thing I noticed was it was full of copper grease. I then asked if I could field strip it. She was hesitant at first, but agreed because I was so good looking. Anyway, I take it apart and this thing is "as NIB". Doesn't look like it had 25 rounds through it. She proceeded to tell me that it was just put on display yesterday and was owned by a "lady". The price tag was $475. Now I realize that is a very fair price for something like this, but you know what I did next right? I asked if there was any wiggle room on it (I'd have bought it at that price anyway). She tells me that there really isn't as they are "into" it for quite a bit. So, ok that's fine. We start making small talk, and then I hit her with "will you take $450.........."Yes, I think I can do that" she say's. So 5 minutes after filling out the paperwork I walked out with a G23C RTF2 Gillie in NIB condition.

At this point, dread set in as I would have to explain to the wife why I purchased a second handgun within two days of each other. She was a good sport, she just shook her head smiled and said "your addicted". So I am alive to shoot another day

Anyway here are some pics and close up of some parts:

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Nice find Kodiak!
Glad you're still with us too. LOL ;)

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Nice find. I think I'm going to my local pawn shop Monday lol

·
Registered
77 Posts
Nice find and awesome deal, I better start checking out the pawns again!

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks fellas,

Yeah I never thought I would find something like this locally...in this condition, and at that price no less. I've been pretty lucky lately here with the RTF2's. Just goes to show, you never know. As mentioned, this particular pawn shop is small and does not have a whole lot of guns. Matter of fact I think they have more tobacco products than they do guns. Their prices on new weapons are medium to high, so I was quite surprised to see the initial price of $475.

·
Premium Member
5,923 Posts
That's awesome. In NY, I'd still have to wait 2 weeks to amend my permit with the new serial number. By then my wife might just kill me... That's a great purchase.

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
BOIOIOIOIOINGggggggg.

Awesome find. I have yet to find a pawnshop in PA that sells guns. It's illegal to use a gun as "collateral" on an advance, but an outright sale shoudl be OK.

that's one great looking piece.

D

·
Banned
1,810 Posts
I too absolutely love Ballistol and would also dicker with her over price a bit. You just know they put them out higher then they'll take so you can talk them down a bit. $450 is a totally awesome deal, just tell your wife that you bought it for an investment since it's worth more then you paid and can always sell it and actually MAKE money on the deal. That'll help her to feel better about you buying it. Congrats on the great looking Glock. ;)

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I too absolutely love Ballistol and would also dicker with her over price a bit. You just know they put them out higher then they'll take so you can talk them down a bit. $450 is a totally awesome deal, just tell your wife that you bought it for an investment since it's worth more then you paid and can always sell it and actually MAKE money on the deal. That'll help her to feel better about you buying it. Congrats on the great looking Glock. ;)
Thanks buddy...yeah that's what I told her. Matter of fact that's what I tell her every time. She is very trusting LOL :eek: :D

Here are some close ups of the texture condition...absolutely perfect. I guess I should get off my azz and go shoot it instead of taking pics LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts