I see a new Glock in my future.

Discussion in 'What Glock Should I Get' started by Zepaholic, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Zepaholic

Zepaholic Premium Member

I have been told by my boss I will be on the boat for a while. Like in 5 more weeks while. I was not to pleased. But it's like they say when life hands you lemons make lemonade...

So here is what I am thinking, I will have some extra cash that will be burning a hole in my pocket! I pretty much decided my G30 needs a new friend(s) & I am a 45 acp kinda guy. So, I will buy myself the G21. What I would like to know is this, G21 or G21SF is there a big difference? I will try both but would like some feedback.

Second I will be purchasing another pistol more than likely. I am really thinking about getting a 9mm. I like to shoot & from what I have been reading from past post it is a relatively "cheap" round compared to the .40. Here is the dilemma...which Glock 9mm?

I plan on going to a gun dealer that has pistols I can rent so I can try them out before purchasing. But like I said before I value opinions of people that have the guns I have mentioned. So if y'all will let me know what y'all are thinking I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance friends!

2. 45sAndHighFives

45sAndHighFives New Member

I love my G19 Gen 3 super smooth and it is much cheaper than the .45 I am looking to get a 21 and a 30 myself haha hope this all works out for you my friend

3. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

My vote would be for the G19. It's small enough to conceal and big enough to be really fun to shoot. I have one and love it.

4. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

^^^ Good advice above

5. TCS1991

TCS1991 New Member

Glock 19 all day as far as the 9mm. Don't get me wrong the 17 is great but I favor my Gen 4 19 over it because of the size. Plus you can change the back straps out for a better fit in your hand.

6. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

As far as the G 21's go, I have the G 21 Gen 4, and I really like it. The dual recoil spring works well in it, and it's a very smooth shooting .45 ACP.

If you have the chance to rent one of the Gen 4s also, it might help in sorting out the .45's. Good Luck & Good Shooting.

7. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forum TCS 1991!

8. TCS1991

TCS1991 New Member

Thank you.

9. If you go with a G21, go with the gen 4 because if you go with no backstrap, it's the same as a gen 3 21SF. Then you can just go with what feels right for you on any given day :)

10. Dan75719

Dan75719 New Member

Definitely the G19 for 9mm. Perfect for concealed carry and range shooting.

11. Zepaholic

Zepaholic Premium Member

I bought the G26 Generation 4. My G30 was just tough to CCW.

12. dwsjr50

dwsjr50 Supporting Member

G19 gen 3 was my first Glock I purchased 5 weeks ago. I have already run 300 rounds through it.
    I believe it is getting easier to shoot the more rounds I put through her. A definate recommend.
    Welcome to the forum. Donald