Glock Firearms banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
6,071 Posts
Both are great ... I'd go for the 17 ( out of those two ) .. but I'm sure that you'll find others that prefer the 27. It's all about how you want to use it.
__

( I wanted to add my next glock will be a g24 .. so I can get 3 calibers out of it )

·
Banned
196 Posts
I have the 27 for my edc and love it. I don't have the 17 but have shot one quite a few times (friend has one) and its a blast to shoot. Depends on what you want it for. I would much rather have my 27 to carry but the 17 will be my next purchase for the range.

·
Registered
511 Posts
The 17 and 27 are both great shooter but the 27 is also a great carry gun. 17 is 9mm so ammo is easier to find and is less expensive than the
40 cal ammo that the 27 shoots. It is really just what you want and what you are going to use it for.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like the 27 because of size but I also like the 25th ann. because its unique, both are so my wife can shoot with me( my 21sf has to much power for her right now) so I'm torn between them.

Thank for all the input I'm getting.

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
Personally, would go with the 17 25th anniversary version. May as well get an anniversrary version in the model that started it all.

I'd not want to pay extra money to get a 25th anniversary edition and treat it as a range gun though. Rather get a regular model and spend the difference on ammo, or get the 25th anniversary edition just for the gun safe since it is a limited run and therefore collectable.

·
Premium Member
8,653 Posts

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Get both. Put the 25th edition away as a keeper and the other one for EDC, range, etc.

·
Registered
35 Posts
It depends on what caliber you already have in your arsenal. If you have .40 get the 27, if you have 9mm get the 17. I am a firm believer in limiting the humber of different calibers I have, and the number of different mags I have. During a crisis, like zombies (I can't believe I am actually using that example, Sorry) you don't have to be reading into your safe and grabbing the wrong magazine.

·
289 Posts
ghost_glock said:
I like the 27 because of size but I also like the 25th ann. because its unique, both are so my wife can shoot with me( my 21sf has to much power for her right now) so I'm torn between them.

If the 17 is being considered so your wife can shoot it, I would suggest you look at a 19 in stead. Some women have a harder time with a duty sized weapon...just my .02

·
Premium Member
8,653 Posts
It depends on what caliber you already have in your arsenal. If you have .40 get the 27, if you have 9mm get the 17. I am a firm believer in limiting the humber of different calibers I have, and the number of different mags I have. During a crisis, like zombies (I can't believe I am actually using that example, Sorry) you don't have to be reading into your safe and grabbing the wrong magazine.
Or if you have preppy plans. If you're going to bury ammo somewhere, having everything in the same caliber will free up very valuble storage space.

Fiocchi makes 9mm in a round can. Wonder if it'll fit inside a PVC pipe? Hmnn...

·
Glockn Rollin
2,656 Posts

If your 21 has too much power, then the Glock 27 will be even worse because of the small size and the high-pressure .40 cartridge.

·
Registered
43 Posts
It completely depends on what you plan on doing with it. They're two entirely different weapons. The 17 is a great shooter and duty weapon but too big for most people to carry concealed. The 27 is a nice little concealed carry gun but not the most comfortable shooter.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts