I need help guys

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by oregon23, Jun 2, 2012.

1. oregon23

oregon23 New Member

So long story short about a year ago I sold my brandnew h&k usp 45 to my friend for 750. Then I purchased a new gen 4 23. I love it but my friend called me and told me that he needed to sell it. So I also have a new baby on the way and can only afford one or the other so I know this is a glock forum and I love glocks but also love my h&k. !!!! What should I do the h&k has about 250 thru it and the glock about 300.

2. Flairsr

Flairsr New Member

I say HK, I love Glocks but HK is it. Glocks are the BMW, HK is the Ferrari

3. oregon23

oregon23 New Member

That's what I was thinking. But dang I don't want to get rid of my 23 well I can always get another

4. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

I'd look into a third option. Like selling camping equipment, skis, snowboards, etc. Stuff you won't be using at all for a few years until the baby is old enough to participate. In the long haul children cost tens of thousands to raise, that $700 now will seem like a pittance in ten years. I always regret selling my guns, and when I look back, I can always see that what I thought was necessary, really wasn't. Beat of luck though, whatever you decide.

5. oregon23

oregon23 New Member

Yea. And my friend only wants 500 for the h&k. I do have some things I could sell but might just sell the 23

6. Flairsr

Flairsr New Member

$500?!?!?!? OMG, no brainer!!! Lol, I'd take the HK in a heartbeat!!! You can pick up a 23 anytime, I'd def take the HK!! If nothing else I'll give ya $550 for the HK....

7. sgtcowboyusmc

sgtcowboyusmc New Member

I agree wit 70's wrecker do what ever you have to to keep them both or you will regret it later. But if you must sell the Glock I'll give you $400.00 for it :)

8. oregon23

oregon23 New Member

Lol. Yea if I sell the 23 id have to get 500 for it .

9. Kmurray96

Kmurray96 Well-Known Member Supporter

Dude, you price a new H&K lately. Sell the Glock. That H&K can be considered an investment at that price. You say he's your friend, see if he'll take payments.

Too bad momma's already pregnant. Me? I'd put a dress and lipstick on the ol' lady and tell her to go stand on the curb. :p JUST KIDDING!!!

(Looking over my shoulder to see if ol' ma is behind me.) :eek:

10. oregon23

oregon23 New Member

Lol the wife even told me to try to buy it. But I feel guilty. Just trying to do the right thing. And I think I'm going to sell the glock. For now and get the h&k

11. oregon23

oregon23 New Member

Well I'll be posting and add for a very nice gen4 23. Real soon

12. jmiles50

jmiles50 New Member

Am I the only one who would stick w the Glock??? That huge safety makes the H&K feel like a toy to me, but I AM a Glock snob!!!!

13. +1 on that! I shot a HK before and I really didn't care for it. Didn't fit my hand well, hammer fired and WAY too expensive!!!! JMO. To each his own.

14. dslmac2

dslmac2 New Member

Guessing since your friend HAS to sell it and is taking 250 off what you sold it to him for, he is in a real bind. I would definitely find a way to have both. You already have the Glock so one down. Now just sell something else, even your blood and Plasma to the hospital. :) Or gather things up for a yard sale, and/or maybe there is something you can do for your friend to help him out to do a trade. Best of Luck. Do what you gotta do but make sure you have thought through all your options because like another member mentioned, you will always look back on this.

15. yogiboobooranger

yogiboobooranger New Member

As a friend you may just offer to give him some cash to help him out and use the gun as collateral..that way you would be helping him out, he still has the option of getting the gun back, and you get to keep your Glock. And you won't feel like you cheated your friend paying way less than you charged him to begin with. Remember, Friends are worth way more than any gun..JMHO of course.

16. oregon23

oregon23 New Member

So I got my h&k. Back!!!! Thanks for all the advice guys.

Attached Files: