I need help before buying!!!

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by DevilDawg235, May 6, 2012.

1. DevilDawg235

DevilDawg235 New Member

My friend recently called me to go with him to the store to purchase a new firearm. Once we got there I tried everything possible for him to buy a Glock, ending with negative results.

What did he get? A Ruger SR9! I have never ever shot or even held a Ruger before, but after shooting it, I'm impressed! I now want one as well!

Before I go ahead and make the buy, I would like for the members to give me their input on this weapon. Being that I'm pretty sure that you know more than I do about gun.

Thanks In Advance!

2. Awesome pistol I'd get the Ruger SR40 tho.

3. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

Never shot one before. When I was at FLETC we had to qualify with a ruger P93. Garbage!!! I wish I had bought stock in Ruger 5 years ago.

4. While I cannot speak specifically to the SR9, I have owned threel Ruger revolvers, three rifles, the new SR556 AR, and 2 auto loading pistols, and all have functioned flawlessly with the exception of the AP when using steel Russian ammo. Only reason I do not carry Rugers is the dang safety.

5. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

I almost bought one, went with a g22 instead though. I don't like all the safety's and fancy moving parts and the grip. Didn't like the grip. Ig I had the money I would have went with a Walter, great feel in the hand. But I settled with glock cause I know it works and it's worth if. And the grip fit.

6. DevilDawg235

DevilDawg235 New Member

If I do get it, it would be my back up gun. I loved how smooth it was to shoot. Like I said before, I have never ever owned a Ruger, so I might be just "liking" it without really knowing it!

7. Solid firearm, but personally I would recommend still going with a Glock if you like the way they feel.

8. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Personally it's the only ruger I like, the others feel like cinder blocks in your hand...

9. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    My brother used a Ruger P95 through SWAT school. Everyone snickered until they saw him shoot and the gun run w/o a hiccup.

"beware the man with only one gun, for he knows how to use it."

Starting broke officers needing a duty gun were advised Ruger had the cheapest duty grade guns.

BTW my brother got that P95 for $250 brand new and sold it for the same price years later.

10. mauro3005

mauro3005 New Member

I agree it's reliable and not bad looking. I disliked the trigger though. It was like zero weight, brick wall, bang!

11. Ghost Inc has connectors for the SR series pistols have one in my SR9 and love it!