Glock Firearms banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend recently called me to go with him to the store to purchase a new firearm. Once we got there I tried everything possible for him to buy a Glock, ending with negative results.

What did he get? A Ruger SR9! I have never ever shot or even held a Ruger before, but after shooting it, I'm impressed! I now want one as well!

Before I go ahead and make the buy, I would like for the members to give me their input on this weapon. Being that I'm pretty sure that you know more than I do about gun.

Thanks In Advance!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Awesome pistol I'd get the Ruger SR40 tho.

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
Never shot one before. When I was at FLETC we had to qualify with a ruger P93. Garbage!!! I wish I had bought stock in Ruger 5 years ago.

·
1,310 Posts
While I cannot speak specifically to the SR9, I have owned threel Ruger revolvers, three rifles, the new SR556 AR, and 2 auto loading pistols, and all have functioned flawlessly with the exception of the AP when using steel Russian ammo. Only reason I do not carry Rugers is the dang safety.

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
I almost bought one, went with a g22 instead though. I don't like all the safety's and fancy moving parts and the grip. Didn't like the grip. Ig I had the money I would have went with a Walter, great feel in the hand. But I settled with glock cause I know it works and it's worth if. And the grip fit.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If I do get it, it would be my back up gun. I loved how smooth it was to shoot. Like I said before, I have never ever owned a Ruger, so I might be just "liking" it without really knowing it!

·
Banned
767 Posts
Solid firearm, but personally I would recommend still going with a Glock if you like the way they feel.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
41,395 Posts
My brother used a Ruger P95 through SWAT school. Everyone snickered until they saw him shoot and the gun run w/o a hiccup.

"beware the man with only one gun, for he knows how to use it."

Starting broke officers needing a duty gun were advised Ruger had the cheapest duty grade guns.

BTW my brother got that P95 for $250 brand new and sold it for the same price years later.

·
Registered
430 Posts
mauro3005 said:
I agree it's reliable and not bad looking. I disliked the trigger though. It was like zero weight, brick wall, bang!
Ghost Inc has connectors for the SR series pistols have one in my SR9 and love it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts