Glock Firearms banner
81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Banned
149 Posts
I've trained a few people to use magazine loaders such as the Glock design. The key is to insure they use a specific approach based on hand strength and dexterity.

·
Banned
149 Posts
"Big Daddy" is the M20 10mm....goes without saying.

"Momma" is the M19...not too small, nor large - just right, and she never makes you feel inadequate!

·
Registered
528 Posts
Well, thanks to carpal tunnel I don't really feel my fingers that well. Putting ever increasing pressure on such a small object without any feedback makes things go flying in strange directions.

Bluntly, I like the cheep little thing and it works well for me. Someday I'll buy the fancier loader but this cheap little piece of plastic works fine.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Brand new Glock mags suck when it comes to the last round. I can do it, it just sucks.

I found the UpLula to be really expensive, but I found the HKS Speedloader at my LGS and gave it a try. To me it's much faster and much easier to use than the UpLula, and the best thing is I don't need a table or something to use the UpLula against. And it's only ~$15 here.

Also, I have oily hands which can be bad for loading ammo. So the HKS Speedloader saves a lot of trouble for me.

And no, it doesn't work for your fancy 33rd or 50rd hi cap mags. But I can't have them anyway here in CA so doesn't matter to me.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
I couldn't figure it out, so I went to that great teacher, Youtube.
Works great and I always use it, now that I figured it out.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I like to use the speedloader. I have loaded both ways. I had to load up the mags for the dept. qual last week. When you are loading mags to shoot a 1000 rounds a day it just makes the job easier and faster.

·
Kicking Up Dust
1,420 Posts
Ha! I've never used mine. When I was in the police academy and anyone was spotted using one they would get made fun of. I have nice calluses on my thumbs from loading thousands of rounds into Glock mags.
Cops are susceptible to peer pressure?
As far as the Glock's loader I use it to get #28-30 in my Kriss Vector mag.

·
Don Huddleston
40 Posts
sissy loaders

77 years of abuse and my "old Friend" arthritis make me appreciate my Uplua Loader very much. Call me a sissy if you will, I do not care, I will continue to use my sissy loader and suffer less pain.

·
Very Cool Member
3,395 Posts
Are you talking about the sissy loader? It's made for petit women and young children.
You are wrong. It's not a sissy loader. It's helpful for a lot of people including me. I disagree with you. Your entitled to your opinion though.

·
Very Cool Member
3,395 Posts
It's actually easy to use I like it.

·
Certified Glock Armorer
11,359 Posts
The part I feel needs replacing is the guide rod and it'd be nice if the striker assembly was free of plastic. Also the grip should be closed at the bottom where you can add a plug. I just don't see the reason for a big gap to collect dirt and it looks unfinished I think. Basically every plastic part other than the polymer frame I like to replace for overall feel and style. I just like to have a fancier looking gun that is still reliable and I think things like a plastic mag release just doesn't have a quality look. Planning to put new sights on eventually but it hasn't been a big priority since I need two pairs and don't want to spend a couple hundred dollars. I think the average glock owner is ok with stock but im pretty much into customizing everything whether it's a gun or not. Every stock weapon I've shot I'm just not a hundred percent satisfied with so all the diff options is a huge reason I love glocks.
I don't agree... It's the way it is for a reason, because it works best that way.. Adding steel here and there will just wear it down and fail quicker. I'm not arguing :p just saying..

·
Registered
39 Posts
vanessab said:
I just loaded a 10 round magazine in 15 seconds. It would have been quicker but I dropped one round. NO THUMB PAIN AND I DIDN'T EVEN BREAK A NAIL!

As for the hammer comment, that was just immature. Obviously a nerve was hit. A loader is made to assist in loading if needed, a hammer is made to drive a nail. You can't use a hand to hammer a nail.

I'm done.
Nicely put, i say use what works best for everyone individually

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
I love Glock but.... I'm really starting to develop a healthy admiration for compact 1911s.
This is my Loaded Champion...It is awesome for carry 0627132101b.jpg

0627132102.jpg

Sorry about the other thing Nick...just ain't working out..You OK?

Attachments

81 - 100 of 100 Posts