I love glock, but............

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by alinero718, Jun 22, 2012.

1. There loader suxs, sorry I had to get that out of my chest.

2. william488

william488 New Member

lol. im still trying to practice with it, I load faster without it myself.

3. n8tv

n8tv New Member

I use mine all the time and load very quick with it but it took me a few times to get the hang of it.

4. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

I agree, I just use my hands.

5. Glock897

Glock897 Member

Are you talking about the sissy loader? It's made for petit women and young children.

6. My thumbs Can't take it anymore lol

7. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Don't use one. :D

8. Lol I only try to use it just to get in the last rounds in. For some reason I can only get about 8 rounds in my 10 round mag.

9. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

I have a lula speed loader I use. When I'm getting ready for the range I have 9 17rnd 9mm mags, 3 15rnd 9mm mags, 1 33rnd 9mm man, 3 10rnd .45 mags, and 2 13rnd .45 mags. 287 rounds to load up, so ya I'd rather save my strength for the shooting and not tire out from the loading LOL.

10. jamierat

jamierat New Member

The lula speed loader ROCKS!!

11. RRoss

RRoss If it goes boom or bang, I want to play with it! Lifetime Supporting Member

Thats funny cuz I can get 11 in my G26 mag...+1 in the pipe.
    Not sure how... but it works

12. runman

runman New Member

You're lucky! I use it for the last round in my mags. Maybe they aren't broken in yet, but the last one is tough.

13. RRoss

RRoss If it goes boom or bang, I want to play with it! Lifetime Supporting Member

Maybe they aren't broken in. I haven't used the loader since the 2nd week I owned my gun, but I will admit, that last round DOES hurt my thumb, but it goes:D

14. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Regular Guy

I am lazy, at the range with the 17 round mags, I only put 10 in. That's what I load for the GSSF match as a habit, but I am still lazy. :D

15. ROYALE-W-CHEESE

ROYALE-W-CHEESE New Member

16. jakedrennan45

jakedrennan45 New Member

Same with my 33rd 9mm mag. It fits 34 rounds just right so I can have 35 rounds in the gun

17. jakedrennan45

jakedrennan45 New Member

I love glocks too but to keep them on the less expensive side they have some cheap parts that definitely need upgrading IMO and stock trigger pull is horrible. The big thing about glocks is the overall simple mechanics though that keep them functioning under just about every possible condition and they can be perfected easily with a few new parts. I kind of think of them as Hondas...very reliable but boring and just not up to par without doing your own thing to it.

18. portercc

portercc New Member

Have to agree, glock "perfection" doesn't exactly begin with the loader. The only time I max out my mag is when I am carrying. To make myself concentrate I generally shoot 5-45s, 10-9mm and 5-380s per round unless I'm practicing blasting away at zombies. I always shoot my personal protection mag I've been carrying just to see if I would have had any problems.

19. BangBangBahamian

BangBangBahamian New Member

Which parts do you believe need upgrading? Just curious.

20. jakedrennan45

jakedrennan45 New Member

The part I feel needs replacing is the guide rod and it'd be nice if the striker assembly was free of plastic. Also the grip should be closed at the bottom where you can add a plug. I just don't see the reason for a big gap to collect dirt and it looks unfinished I think. Basically every plastic part other than the polymer frame I like to replace for overall feel and style. I just like to have a fancier looking gun that is still reliable and I think things like a plastic mag release just doesn't have a quality look. Planning to put new sights on eventually but it hasn't been a big priority since I need two pairs and don't want to spend a couple hundred dollars. I think the average glock owner is ok with stock but im pretty much into customizing everything whether it's a gun or not. Every stock weapon I've shot I'm just not a hundred percent satisfied with so all the diff options is a huge reason I love glocks.