I just got my first glock and its a 30.

Discussion in 'Holsters and Cases' started by savage07, Jun 23, 2012.

1. savage07

savage07 New Member

Anyone knows about a nice conceal outside the waist holster?

2. Blades

Blades Senior Member

Congratulations on your G30!

Check with Mike P here on the forum's for a holster.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2012

3. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Thread moved to holsters and cases sub forum.

4. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

I've never found OWB easy to conceal unless its under a jacket. Might want to look into some IWB for ease. Right now I've got three holsters for my 19. Bladetech OWB for the range, custom hand made IWB for cooler weather, and some cheap cloth one that works well for summer. Conceals my 19 with just shorts and a tshirt easy. For the best concealment I think Mike calls his the "trigger Thing" or something close to that. I have something like that for my 30 and it works great.

5. If you do in fact decide to look into an IWB setup, you should start buying pants at least 2 inches bigger than your waist so that you can still breathe once you put the holster on. 2 inches does it for me, and the pants can still be worn even if you don't have your IWB on.

6. savage07

savage07 New Member

Thank you guys!!!

7. zipper046

zipper046 Member Supporter

Congrats, great weapon.

Try Mike P...has good stuff.

Also try the Bianchi black widow...i use one for my G27 sometimes off duty. Its a belt
    Slide so accommodates all length slides and holds weapon high and tight.

8. savage07

savage07 New Member

I will definitely check that out!

9. savage07

savage07 New Member

I bought some ship ammo at Walmart, the Russian metal case 45. That was the only thing they have left on 45. Do you guys think that hard metal casing would damage my Glock?

10. Since the extractor is made of steel and is just as hard (or harder) than the steel casing of the ammo, it'll be fine.

11. savage07

savage07 New Member

Even better!! Sheep ammo for practice!

12. I like my DeSantis speed scabbard, and it conceals pretty well for OWB.

Either auto correct got you or you need to throw a gyro party, either way sheep are tasty!

13. savage07

savage07 New Member

Jeje! That's right!

14. Texsteel

Texsteel New Member

The desantis sob is pretty good if you wear a slightly larger tshirt. I'm "smaller framed" guy and can conceal pretty easily with it. You do need to run it through a belt tho. I found Goodrich and Gould make a great belt for that too.

15. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forum Texsteel! Enjoy!

16. savage07

savage07 New Member

Is it possible to change the barrel on my G30 sf for an extended barrel for hunting?

17. lyodbraun

lyodbraun أنا لست ارهابيا

Yes the barrel will just be sticking out from the slide will work just fine..

18. savage07

savage07 New Member

Cool! I saw this on a hunting video and I was wondering if I could do the same to my g30sf. Do you have any idea where to find this barrel and what length should I use for it?

19. lyodbraun

lyodbraun أنا لست ارهابيا

you can check out Lone Wolf, KKM, or storm lake and you can even use the a factory G21 barrel, ... hope this helps..