Glock Firearms banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
I'm a pretty small framed guy myself aand have carried a G17 very comfortably under just a tee shirt, But i do prefer my G26 for everyday carry. Its all about finding the right holster / clothing combination.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Well let me ask this. Besides size, is there any difference between the two really? I kinda want to stick with the 19. It's what they picked out and what model I bought holsters for. But really am likin the idea of the smaller 26
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,947 Posts
deadlift560 said:
Well let me ask this. Besides size, is there any difference between the two really? I kinda want to stick with the 19. It's what they picked out and what model I bought holsters for. But really am likin the idea of the smaller 26
No accessory rail.

Thats bout it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
If my woman and kids picked it out for me, AND it's in my top two of what I really want?? No brainer!! Get the 19. I have the 17, 19, and 26. Still carry the 19 90% of the time. The size difference isn't that much between 19 & 26 when you are carrying. Just do yourself a favor, stick with the "family" choice and start saving for the 26!! My $.02.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
442 Posts
deadlift560 said:
I want the 26, but my wife put my g19 on layaway for me. Her and my sons. So it's kinda special since they picked it out. I just am worried it may be to big to carry for me since I wear size small shirts. They bunch at the top of my jeans because I'm a small guy with a big ass (lmfao) so I'm kinda worried it will show the imprint of my gun :-/
I made a thread almost exactly like this. You may find it. Except I already bought the 19. I tell you what. What I've learned is the 19 is more fun at the range compared to the 26. But the 26 is better for concealment. The 19 is actually good to conceal as well. I was able to conceal it with the right holster an nobody knew.

What ended up happening is I just now bought the 26 today. So I have both now. I love the 26 also but only cause its the Gen 4. I was not impressed with the 26 Gen 3. I would suggest getting the Glock 19 to start. It worked for me. And concealable with the right holster. I was frustrated at first but I would definitely get the 19 first so you can get used to it and get accurate at the range. It's the most Universal Glock. Get the 19 and get good with it. Then you'll get a subcompact eventually. just my .02. - someone who felt your pain.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
thinkricky said:
I made a thread almost exactly like this. You may find it. Except I already bought the 19. I tell you what. What I've learned is the 19 is more fun at the range compared to the 26. But the 26 is better for concealment. The 19 is actually good to conceal as well. I was able to conceal it with the right holster an nobody knew.

What ended up happening is I just now bought the 26 today. So I have both now. I love the 26 also but only cause its the Gen 4. I was not impressed with the 26 Gen 3. I would suggest getting the Glock 19 to start. It worked for me. And concealable with the right holster. I was frustrated at first but I would definitely get the 19 first so you can get used to it and get accurate at the range. It's the most Universal Glock. Get the 19 and get good with it. Then you'll get a subcompact eventually. just my .02. - someone who felt your pain.
I think thats what I'm gonna do bud
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,947 Posts
Here is the real question, regarding the family: If you got the 26, would they really know the difference? WHY did they pick the 19?My Fiance handles Glocks EVERY day and I really think if she picked out a 19 for me and I got a 26 she wouldn't notice. I know for sure my step son wouldn't.

If the range is your primary thing, then the 19 is the way to go.

If the intention is a primary carry weapon, primary duty weapon the 26 is probably the way to go.

I have been carrying for a very long time, 99% of the time with a 19. When I went to a 26 it was night and day. I still carry my 19 more, but only because it looks at me with a very sad face and makes me feel guilty. After all, she has been with me for a long time lol.

Also remember the 26 is going to be easier to shoot for the kids and wife, most likely.

Another point: people go from the 19 to the 26 all the time. The 27 has caused many people to dump the 19, also. The 19 is THE MOST POPULAR Glock ever made. My point is you can get the 26 now and pick up a dirt cheap 19 any day of the week.

I have 4 Glock 19's, I have not paid more than 300 for any of them and three were brand new. I'm a Glock 19 advocate, a groupie if you will, but I think the 26 is a better fit from what you have said.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
nukinfuts29 said:
Here is the real question, regarding the family: If you got the 26, would they really know the difference? WHY did they pick the 19?My Fiance handles Glocks EVERY day and I really think if she picked out a 19 for me and I got a 26 she wouldn't notice. I know for sure my step son wouldn't.

If the range is your primary thing, then the 19 is the way to go.

If the intention is a primary carry weapon, primary duty weapon the 26 is probably the way to go.

I have been carrying for a very long time, 99% of the time with a 19. When I went to a 26 it was night and day. I still carry my 19 more, but only because it looks at me with a very sad face and makes me feel guilty. After all, she has been with me for a long time lol.

Also remember the 26 is going to be easier to shoot for the kids and wife, most likely.

Another point: people go from the 19 to the 26 all the time. The 27 has caused many people to dump the 19, also. The 19 is THE MOST POPULAR Glock ever made. My point is you can get the 26 now and pick up a dirt cheap 19 any day of the week.

I have 4 Glock 19's, I have not paid more than 300 for any of them and three were brand new. I'm a Glock 19 advocate, a groupie if you will, but I think the 26 is a better fit from what you have said.
She just wanted a glock so I had somethjng reliable for when I become a Leo. I was Gonna guy a kel tec lol. She says she doesn't care. I want the g26 since its smaller but don't want to sacrifice accuracy or have to sell and re buy all my holsters lol
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,947 Posts
I'm betting you could easily sell the 19 holsters here or anywhere else, and toss $46 to Mike P for a wicked 26 holster. As for accuracy if you find the 26 any less accurate, it's you.

Thank god you didn't get a kal tec
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
nukinfuts29 said:
I'm betting you could easily sell the 19 holsters here or anywhere else, and toss $46 to Mike P for a wicked 26 holster. As for accuracy if you find the 26 any less accurate, it's you.

Thank god you didn't get a kal tec
I know right lol. I'm glad she got me the glock. Idk. I guess it will come down to how they fit me on Thursday. And see which I buy
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,947 Posts
Put 200 ronds through each. I say 200 because with shooting and reloading that will generally start to wear on the average persons hand. Start with the 19, fire 100, and switch to the 26. Fire 100, go back to the 19, then back to the 26.

You will see they shoot pretty much the same, and it will let you know which is more comfortable. THAT SAID you will probably find you don't get enough grip on the 26. Most men have this issue and it is perfectly solved with a +2 or +3 mag extension.
 
21 - 40 of 67 Posts
Top