I have my g19 on layaway but thinking of switching to g26. Opinions?

Discussion in 'What Glock Should I Get' started by deadlift560, May 21, 2012.

1. deadlift560

deadlift560 New Member

Want to ccw. I kinda want the g26 bc of it being smaller but how much smaller is it really? Will it be to hard at 5'6" 130 lbs to ccw the g19? Help me decide I'm picking it up Thursday lol

2. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

You're going to have to get both. No way around it :D

3. deadlift560

deadlift560 New Member

With time but can't afford it now.

4. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

Well, they are both fine weapons. If I were to get only one Glock it would be the 19, and I say this while I wear a 26 typing this.

5. deadlift560

deadlift560 New Member

How much bigger is it really then the g26? Is it gonna be small enough to cc? I have a Fobus paddle for owb and a remora for iWb.

6. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

These are not mine, but may give you an idea:

26, 19, 17
    [​IMG]

26 and 19 in a crossbreed
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. deadlift560

deadlift560 New Member

That kinda helps. Oh I just really don't know which way to go man lol

8. NvRBanArms

NvRBanArms Member

Get the 26 since u r going to be carrying it. I have the 27 and live in Illinois so I can't carry and I love that little noise maker. It's perfect fit and small. I also have a 21. But the 27 is a cool piece. I'd say get the 26 and get the 19 later. U can always put a 19 model mag in it and get the adapter so it doesn't look all ghetto. Just a though.

Edit: only thing u will sacrifice is a rail. That don't mean anything to me but u might think different. Only gun rail I use is my sig P226 elite. And that's just a light because it is my bedside gun. No laser. Hate em. Just my thoughts. Good luck brother and let us know what u go for. Remember. It's not ur last gun. There will be many more.

Last edited: May 21, 2012
  9. dslmac2

dslmac2 New Member

Since conceal is your main objective, the G26 is great. As mentioned it is the smallest, and is a great shooter for the range. Several people even use it in competitions. The best of both worlds! Then at some point you can get a full size gun that you can modify more for the range like a G19, G17 or G34.

image-4003707990.jpg

image-178782576.jpg

image-2001316794.jpg

image-4222007016.jpg

Last edited: May 22, 2012
  10. deadlift560

deadlift560 New Member

I want the 26, but my wife put my g19 on layaway for me. Her and my sons. So it's kinda special since they picked it out. I just am worried it may be to big to carry for me since I wear size small shirts. They bunch at the top of my jeans because I'm a small guy with a big ass (lmfao) so I'm kinda worried it will show the imprint of my gun :-/

11. iamthedood

iamthedood The dude: "This aggression will not stand, man."

I don't mind the 26, but find the 19 ( imo to be the "Goldie-locks" gun )
    It takes on the Ccp as well as the range nice ... it may not be as "comfortable" as the g26 .. but carrying a gun should be "comforting" imo.
    Only YOU know what's right for you & why. ( So don't worry that I prefer the 19. Get What YOU Like )

12. deadlift560

deadlift560 New Member

Well said. I jus hope it will be half comfy. Lol. I think I'm gonna go with the 19. I want to go to the academy next year and a compact would
    Prob be best. I would of went this September but had to put to much money into my wife's Buick lol

13. dslmac2

dslmac2 New Member

That is nice that they picked it out for you, but your the one that will have to attached to you and your the one who will need to shoot it the most to become comfortable with it. Because you are a smaller person I really think you will enjoy carrying the 26 more without a mag extension which will give you the shortest hand grip and won't poke out (depending on your carry position). BUT Overall - you really need to hold them both and pick what is most comfortable in YOUR hand. Another thing (Incase you were not aware) the Gen4 models have a smaller grip than the Gen3, so hold and feel both versions of whichever you choose. Good Luck!

14. iamthedood

iamthedood The dude: "This aggression will not stand, man."

I'm sure you won't regret it! I know all about family life stuff interfering w/ my insatiable gun lust... speaking of which ..
    my next is prob. going to be a g24 ( then I'll be getting a .357 sig & a 9 mm barrel ) :D

15. Glock897

Glock897 Member

I have a 19 and just ordered a 26. The 19 is tougher to conceal in the warmer months, easy with heavier clothing. I can't wait to get the 26. I imagine the 26 is much easier to conceal with a tshirt and shorts.
    You can't go wrong with either, so why not get both :)

Last edited: May 22, 2012
  16. I have them both, carry them both. Both are easy to conceal and u cant go wrong either way

17. figurethatout28

figurethatout28 New Member

The 26 is much more comfortable to conceal, but the 19 has a light rail for home defense and u have 5 more rounds.

18. deadlift560

deadlift560 New Member

I guess Thursday I'm just gonna look at both and decide lol. How much "snappier" is the g26 with being smaller? How much is the mag extender for the extra finger grip?

19. +1. Agree strongly

20. No snappier than the 19. The 26 has a dual spring setup. The extensions are cheap and make a world of difference. The 27 is a great option also, i love mine.