I have a question

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by btyervfd, Jun 14, 2012.

1. btyervfd

btyervfd New Member

I bought a Glock-17 the other day and I was wondering what the AT stands for and the pentagon with a dot in the middle this is all on the barrel. Wondering if someone knows what it means???

2. noob

noob Noob the forum boob

Austria not sure about the other symbol

3. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

I emailed my instructor. Let's see what GLOCK says...;)

4. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

Unconfirmed, but I've been told it's just part of the proof marking and signifies a polygonal rifling either hexagonal or octagonal.

I've not been able to get anyone who knew why some have a dot inside and some don't..............

5. btyervfd

btyervfd New Member

It's confusing I would like to know what it means cause my glock 22 don't have the AT but has the pentagon

6. TurnerCop

TurnerCop New Member

It's the proof marks from Glock to prove that it meets the Austrian standards of 175% max load!

7. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

"AT represents made in Austria. The Pentagon symbol represents the grade of barrel steel."

8. btyervfd

btyervfd New Member

Ah ok I guess its a great grade being a pentagon with a dot in the middle

9. voyager4520

voyager4520 New Member

From what I've heard the pentagon symbol signifies the grade of steel that the barrel is made out of. In my experience, the old black-coated barrels that had a regular pentagon were a softer steel than the new gray-coated barrels which have the "dotted" pentagon.