I have a question!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by G22GEN4, May 25, 2012.

1. G22GEN4

G22GEN4 New Member

If I support the fact that background checks are 100% unconstitutional, does that mean in 1 way or another, that I support legal gun sales to unlawful parties?

2. It directly means that you support their right to purchase

3. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member Supporter

In my opinion, you would be supporting much more than that!

4. Sarabian

Sarabian Slightly Opinionated

Why exactly do you contend that checking a person's legal status is unconstitutional?

5. G22GEN4

G22GEN4 New Member

Simply because the constitution says nothing about background checks or not being able to purchase because of criminal history. It says the right to bare arms. The government added the if.

6. G22GEN4

G22GEN4 New Member

Doesn't supporting the right to purchase apply to any purchaser?

7. G22GEN4

G22GEN4 New Member

Like all that comes or may come with criminals legally purchasing firearms?

8. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

Criminals legally purchasing firearms, now thats funny....they would legally purchase one so they can do illegal things with it lol.

9. gunfreak101

gunfreak101 New Member

Me think you need some hot milk and a long nap.

10. G22GEN4

G22GEN4 New Member

My point exactly. Without background checks, that's exactly what would happen. They would have more guns than they already have also.

11. G22GEN4

G22GEN4 New Member

Dude, who drinks hot milk? Stay focussed!!!!

12. Not really. There is no shortage of guns on the street, and they are cheap. Criminals have no problems getting guns. That said allowing them to buy them legally does several things:

It registers the gun. Even if they sell it off, there is a trail of some sort. It would allow police to profile individuals with felony criminal history who purchase guns (which i have NO issue with).

It generates revenue.

It takes away some of the gangster bad boy appeal.

i'm sure there is more I am not thinking of. The criminals will have guns one way or the other, that fight will never be won. May as well benefit from the trading of their arms.

13. Sarabian

Sarabian Slightly Opinionated

:eek:

Yup, I want to put a pistol in the hands of a rapist. I think all the gangbangers and convicted felons need to be able to legally own firearms. It's a clear need. Matter of fact, why not just hand then a gun when they leave the jail? That would work out even better!

The right of free speech doesn't give you the right to run into a crowded theater and yell "FIRE!", so why should the right to BEAR arms (no furry animals here) extend to felons? Why don't we hold a party for them at your house with your family and make sure they're all armed. Oh, you get a gun too, but make sure that the hundred or so criminals that attend are all armed as well. Enjoy yourself.

Back when the Amendments were penned, felons had no rights, so this was written with the idea firmly in mind that these rights would NOT extend to felons. Only fairly recently have the touchy-feely-squeezy Libtards given rights back to the people that do not deserve them. Personally, I prefer the old way.

Suffice it to say that we disagree about them preventing criminals from buying a weapon and especially from them possessing one. Background checks are needed, and especially instant background checks are here to stay. They take almost no time and are vital to keeping firearms out of the hands of those that abuse them.

14. G22GEN4

G22GEN4 New Member

Well said!!!!!

15. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

On the note of when they leave jail, not even 80 years have passed since you were given a gun and $20 upon leaving jail... Just saying...

Back when they wrote the constitution, there was no such thing as a felon... You were either in jail for a crime, were a fugitive from justice, or were a normal citizen...

16. G22GEN4

G22GEN4 New Member

Fyi, this thread is not a question of lack of knowledge. It's simply to get different thoughts on why background checks are important. I just don't see how anyone can be against background checks & against criminals purchasing firearms. Really? Just imagine a world with no background checks. Go ahead, imagine.

17. G22GEN4

G22GEN4 New Member

i don't think anyone will say it better. Dude, u frickin rock!

18. G22GEN4

G22GEN4 New Member

sorry bro, that was for sarabian. He hit it on the nose.

19. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

and background checks percent straw purchases? the background check system does nothing… just look at fast and furious…

I do not believe background checks do anything to prevent criminals from getting guns… I believe it is unconstitutional to require a background check...

20. G22GEN4

G22GEN4 New Member

Ur right, it does not prevent them from getting them but it prevents them from getting them legally which will cut down on the amount of guns they will have. They can get any & as many guns on the streets as they can but if they can get them legally it adds on to that amount. Getting guns of the streets comes with avoidable problems. Criminals may not care, but that's on them. Even criminals don't want to go to jail.