i hate to say it but...

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by zachG23, Jul 9, 2012.

1. zachG23

zachG23 New Member

I think i wanna trade my G23 for a G19 what u guys think? ????

2. AF1Sgt

AF1Sgt New Member

My G19 is firkin sweet! My EDC. Shoot smooth. My wife even knows how to work it now so I'm getting her one too. You'll love it!

3. zachG23

zachG23 New Member

Ya IM thinking bout it but my 23 is. A 40. And has good stopping power for its compact size tho.

4. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

So does a 9mm with the new ammo. Higher quality ammo is making 9mm just as viable for SD. I'd say do it!

5. AF1Sgt

AF1Sgt New Member

Whats your reason for wanting to trade?

6. ash1012

ash1012 New Member

Why not a conversion barrel?

7. I was going to say, just do a Lone Wolff conversion barrel, should work fine I think. Same size. I'm a big fan of the G19 of course but it might be less expensive that way.

8. iamthedood

iamthedood The dude: "This aggression will not stand, man."

+1 That makes the most sense & then you could buy a .356 sig barrel later ... that would be :cool:

I love my 19 .. but want either a full size or a long-slide .40 for that exact reason.

9. dwcfastrice

dwcfastrice Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

My initial thought of was also the conversion barrel. Unless you want to EDC 9mm. I wouldn't do that with a conversion barrel, just for reliability sake. If you're ok with EDC .40 cal, then get the 9mm conversion barrel for practice. That's what a lot of us have done.

Since the frames are the same size, the only difference is caliber.

D

Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  10. Thesarge

Thesarge "The Sarge"

All of the service calibers work or fail about the same. Calibers are options. If one was truly superior in stopping humans every one would use that caliber only. Choose the caliber you shoot best at speed with accuracy. Today's modern ammo has leveled the playing field. Terminal ballistics wise there is little difference between a 40 and 9mm. A properly placed shot with a good 9mm that fails to stop would yield the same results with a 40 under the same conditions. After going through all the calibers in many years I am back to carrying 9mm. Never felt under gunned with 9mm going into harm's way daily. Bill

11. rickjames

rickjames Hard Work! Dedication! Supporter

Keep your 23 and buy a 19.
    That's what I'm doing

12. zachG23

zachG23 New Member

Thanx u guys ill probly go with conversation