i found this out!

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by zachG23, Jul 14, 2012.

1. zachG23

zachG23 New Member

Hey guys just found out that if u have a conversation barrel from a 40. To a 9mm that u don't have to buy 9mm mags.i herd of this myth an tried it for myself with my G23 and conversation with lone wolf to 9mm. I loaded my g23 mags with 9mm and tried it and it works no problems at all. Crazy huh

2. SoCalG35

SoCalG35 New Member

I'm going to give it a try on my next range session... :cool:

3. zachG23

zachG23 New Member

And i only have 10 round g23 mags and i could fit 15 9mm in it pretty sweet saves me from buying g19 mags lol

4. zachG23

zachG23 New Member

But IM sure over time it will have problems

5. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

It's not a "myth" so much as conventional wisdom.

I'd be very surprised if you can fit much more than 10 9mm rounds in a 10 roung G23 magazine. They were designed very carefully to restrict capacity and there's only a 1mm difference in round size.

And while, yes, you can shoot the 9mm out of G23 magazines, they may not function reliably and you should never rely on a conversion barrel or rounds in the wrong caliber magazine for any kind of defense. For the range, they're fine, just expect that you may have feeding or extraction issues.

6. zachG23

zachG23 New Member

OK..well yes u can fit more then 10 rounds of 9mm in a 40. Magazine IV done it.and all IM saying is its fun to use at range but I do have G19 mags for my conversation IV had my barrel for a long time and never had problems.and i would definitely depend on it with my life no problem.the barrel is reliable.i don't see why u think the barrel wouldn't be.i was just stating a fact that u can use a 40. Magazine that's all.

7. darthraven0

darthraven0 New Member

I'm guessing you have been autocorrected, unless you just really like to talk to your barrels. :p

8. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Rotflmfao!!!!!

9. Brandan86

Brandan86 New Member

My father in law has the G22 with the 9mm conversion, and had to buy 9mm magazines as the 40mm mags would jam for some reason.

10. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

I didn't say you couldn't fit more, I said you couldn't fit many more. There's no way you can put 15 9mm rounds in a 10 round .40 magazine unless there's something wrong with that magazine. 10 9mm rounds would be 10mms smaller than 10 .40 rounds, so 11 should fit with no problem.

The barrel isn't the problem. If you're using G19 magazines, then also no problem, but the .40 magazines have been known to jam with 9mm rounds. The main problem in using a 9mm conversion barrel in a .40, as a defensive gun, is that the ejector and extractor are different between the calibers and even if you've fired a thousand rounds without a problem, they can still cause a failure to eject when you need them.

11. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

Yep, a buddy has a G17; he forgot mags at the range one day and we used my G22 15rd and 31rd mags in it no problems at all.