I dont understand

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by brannon67, Apr 11, 2012.

1. brannon67

brannon67 New Member

I still dont undersrtand the statement Guns kill people. Doesnt it take a person physically pulling the trigger of a gun, or Ok, I know sometimes accidents happen, and they are tragic, but a person had to be messing around and being careless with a gun for it to go off. My 380 has been on my nightstand, in my pocket, in a holster carried on myself, etc for 2 years now, and has never (God forbid) killed anyone. Guns up and kill people just like baseball bats, knives, and any blunt or sharp objects do. I guess they have a life of their own that we responsible and safe gun owners dont know about.

Another thing, is that people dont understand that criminals, convects, scum, etc will get guns on the black market, thus illegally, and commit crimes regardless, threatening my life, your life, our loved ones lives. Far leftist want to cry and moan about it all, and fail to realize that us law abiding citizens, with no records, have a right to carry and defend ourselves against the scum out there who dont care if we live or die. Period. Wake up people, and get some common sense in your heads for Pete's sake. Please....

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum brannon67 !!

While this is an adult forum...please watch your language (and spelling) when here...

3. brannon67

brannon67 New Member

4. SHOOTER13

Thank you...

you do know you can use the edit button to correct or delete anything...

lower right corner of the post.

5. 3L3C7R0

3L3C7R0 New Member

You went off on this long rant but I've ALWAYS heard the saying as "guns don't kill people, people kill people"... Just saying.

6. Guns kill people as much as forks make people fat.

7. SHOOTER13

It takes a person to pull the trigger on an inanimate object...

A hammer won't jump up and kill you with a blow to the head...

and neither will a car kill anyone unless being driven by someone irresponsible, like a drunk.

All inanimate objects require someone to power them...guns are no different !!

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  8. series11

series11 Hail Commifornia Lifetime Supporting Member

Yeah I agree with that. I have taken people out shooting that think the gun is going to blow up and shoot everyone on the range. I usually have to give the example that if I left a gun in the middle of the side walk and nothing touched it then nothing would happen. It is the intent of the people and the using of the tool that makes it go off. Here in Commifornia there should be more bans on Cars than guns. Morons here cause more accidents and deaths driving than any firearm.

9. nfmus209

nfmus209 New Member

Pencils misspell words, forks make people fat, and President Bush is the reason why EVERYTHING bad happens. People avoid responsibility and will push blame off on anything or anyone. Its best to avoid trying to understand them, but instead focus on spreading common sense, and showing the good side of the firearm community. Be helpful when asked questions about your firearm rights, or guns. If we bring more people to our side, we will win this war for our 2nd amendment RIGHT. By the way, they confuse the heck out of me too.

10. series11

series11 Hail Commifornia Lifetime Supporting Member

The economic crisis now is still Bush's fault...JK. I agree the core of the problem is that people want to avoid responsibility for themselves at every cost... Which is also the reason that the Government has been taking up that slack and deem it their responsibility to over see the subjects... I mean citizens.

11. SHOOTER13

DVR'd a movie and started to watch it...It's called Colt .45 with Randolph Scott.

The movie begins with this quote screen printed over a cased set of Colt pistols...

"A gun, like any other source of power, is a force for good or evil, being

neither in itself, but dependant upon those who possess it."

That right there says it all...

12. brannon67

brannon67 New Member

Yep, that pretty much sums it all up.And yes, please forgive me, I do mispell words every now and then.I guess I need to bone up on my spelling again. So sad, and I am educated also, Ha. Go figure.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012