Glock Firearms banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did something very stupid. I had tried using a Lasermax guide rod laser sight that I tried when I bought it in 2012. I didn't like it because it was different from looking down the barrel and I removed it. A few days ago I found it while cleaning out my gun supplies and decided to try it again. Trouble was that I had lost the spring for the Lasermax slide lock and decided to see if I could get by with the Glock spring. When I reassembled the weapon, the Lasermax slide lock fell out. I can rack the weapon but cannot get the slide off, am afraid to use it and need to be able to clean it if I did. Does anyone know how I can get the slide off without the slide lock??

·
Premium Member
13,660 Posts
I did something very stupid. I had tried using a Lasermax guide rod laser sight that I tried when I bought it in 2012. I didn't like it because it was different from looking down the barrel and I removed it. A few days ago I found it while cleaning out my gun supplies and decided to try it again. Trouble was that I had lost the spring for the Lasermax slide lock and decided to see if I could get by with the Glock spring. When I reassembled the weapon, the Lasermax slide lock fell out. I can rack the weapon but cannot get the slide off, am afraid to use it and need to be able to clean it if I did. Does anyone know how I can get the slide off without the slide lock?? View attachment 252461
Also if you decide to use lasermax guide rod lasers in the future. They come in black to match the barrel, or the bare metal color. I learned that the hard way myself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts