Humour in Hunting for a living (or if ya don't laugh, ya just cry )

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Old Bloke, May 21, 2018.

1. Old Bloke

Old Bloke Grumpy Old Man Supporter

That is the type of Abuse I'm talking about! I feel your pain!

LElliott and Southlake like this.
  2. Southlake

Southlake Moderator Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

#MeToo

Old Bloke likes this.

3. LElliott

LElliott Well-Known Member

You musta been George Carlin's classmate. "Mrs. Carlin, George is falling behind in his penmanship" "Well no wonder, his f**kin knuckles are broken". :p

Danzig, Southlake and Old Bloke like this.
  4. Southlake

We have the same vocabulary as well.

Old Bloke and LElliott like this.
  5. Old Bloke

I must admit to the fact, it was that sort of discipline. That made me leave school just shy of my 14th birthday! Problem was I'm left handed and dyslexic! Of course those were still the days when (A) Right hande was the way you would write ....No exceptions and (B) Dyslexia wasn't heard of! So my Dad decided that ,it was the life of a 'Pro Shooter' for me! Pro Shooting and Trapping was (and still is ) considered a job for idiots who couldn't make anything of 'emselves!

LElliott, Danzig and Southlake like this.
  6. LElliott

LElliott Well-Known Member

When I was younger, I musta been an 'Ambi-idiot'. I played hockey left handed and golf right handed. :confused:

Old Bloke likes this.
  7. Old Bloke

I'm ambidextrous when it comes to shooting. Used to really confuse people. They'd see me at work and I shot right handed ,but at the range I shot left handed

8. Old Bloke

The local Rifle /Pistol Club, in my hometown was on what was then our property. On Christmas I was invited to shoot in a competition but o my arrival it was decided by the Officials of the club that I had an unfair advantage being a Pro! I suggested to give everybody a chance, that I would shoot Right handed :cool:! I swept the carpet with the other shooters! Then some bright spark realised that at work I would shoot right handed anyway o_O !!!!! Oh dear some noses were put out of joint that day! I got called for all the cheating bastards, that I am. I had no intention of claiming the trophy. It was worth it to see the realization on everybody's faces:D

Bayou, mattm, LElliott and 2 others like this.
  9. Danzig

Danzig Glockin’ since 1993 Supporter

Texas
  10. Danzig

Texas
  11. Bayou

Bayou Well-Known Member

I’m right handed (shooting,baseball pitching and hitting) only but ambi-footed (football, soccer, kickball etc.) but I am a little stronger left footed. My bother was left handed in the field (throwing/pitching) in baseball, but was a switch hitter. I wonder exactly what determines this kind of stuff.

wrpNYFL and Danzig like this.
  12. Danzig

Texas
  13. Southlake

Old Bloke, wrpNYFL and Danzig like this.