Glock Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never thought I would be a Glock fan, but then I shot one...

North Carolinian by birth; Kentuckian by heritage; Texan by heart. Somehow I ended up in Ohio.

I have always been a 1911 guy, but my agency is switching to Glock, and everyone gets either a 17 or 19, and a 26 for backup. I have picked up a few, and I am really fond of the 27 for off duty.

Glad to join the forum, and I have already learned a bunch from the posters, so you have my thanks.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from Vermont.

Reactions: Britt

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just read the Forum Rules, and it stated that the introduction should be firearms history/experience related, so I'll add the following: Shooting all my life, mostly .22 as a kid. Was in the service and qualified with a sidearm (1911 - I'm old) and rifle. Carried a SIG 229 in the reserves, and then the M9 & AR in Afghanistan (2 tours, Paktika, Wazi Kwah, Shank). Carried a .357 as a deputy, and then a .38 as an officer at a large Ohio department. Was on the pistol team for a couple years. Transitioned to semi autos (S&W). Went to a smaller agency and we carry 1911's. Now we are switching to Glocks. Still love revolvers, 1911's, and lever action rifles, but trying to stay up with the times. I've always been a good shot, so I have never put the time into it that I should have. I know plenty of people who take it very seriously, and as a result know a heck of a lot more than I do. That's about it, other than a pretty good ability with a wrist rocket.

·
Registered
526 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Welcome from
welcome.jpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts