how to sell a gun on here

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by chadsaalfrank, Apr 21, 2012.

1. chadsaalfrank

chadsaalfrank New Member

I am wanting to sell a gun, I just want a little insight on how to do this with the money/gun transaction. I have purchased one on here but I was very worried about getting taken. Thankfully the seller was legit and I got the gun and he got the $. Any helpful hints on protecting yourself when selling on here?

2. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

There is a sticky in the classified section stating the rules I would start there

3. chadsaalfrank

chadsaalfrank New Member

Ok thanks, but what is the norm for sending money.... who sends first? Just looking for the general rule of thumb for this?

4. glocknloaded

I would set up a pay pal account but maybe some of the vendors can chip in on the best method.

5. chadsaalfrank

chadsaalfrank New Member

Good idea, thanks "glocknloaded. Anyone want to add I would appreciate the helpful info.

6. glocknloaded

No problem!! Good luck on the sell :)

7. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Understand your question, and your concern (which is indeed a very real one).

All sales rules are posted in the Classfieds sections (it's a sticky on each subforum), but GlockForum does not offer any protection of any sort, and has nothing to do with the consummation of any sale. This means, unfortunately, that we cannot help anyone if there is a glitch in the sale.

Generally, the payment is made first, and then the item is sent to the buyer. This is how it is with all online purchases.

For firearms that cross state lines, an FFL is needed as receiving agent. If you are close with your FFL, you can have him/her document the FFL on the sending side, and make payment with simultaneous shipping with both FFLs coordinating with each other. But, as you can imagine, this gets complicated.

Paying with PayPal makes sense, because your purchases are protected (and PayPal not only has an ID record of the seller, they take online fraud seriously). I would honestly hesitate using my own credit or debit card online. In fact, I often use a prepaid VISA card just for online purchases: the card account is isolated from my own bank account, and I fund it only when I need to use it.

As with any online buying adventure, the warning caveat emptor always applies (buyer beware). Do your due dilligence, because it is not easy to trust an online username.

Wish you luck!

Cheers!

8. chadsaalfrank

chadsaalfrank New Member

Thanks that answers all my questions happysniper! This is why I love this forum, everyone is helpful and eager to help! Thanks guys!

9. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

You're welcome, Chad! :)

10. scrubber3

scrubber3 New Member

Happysniper is a stand up guy.

11. Lovethyglock

Lovethyglock New Member

It's just too bad there aren't more happysniper's in this world.