Glock Forum banner

how often to you shoot @ the range?

4K views 38 replies 28 participants last post by  CountryMick 
#1 ·
i try to shoot every two weeks. i think that's good for me to keep my skills up to snuff. maybe when i get more time then i'll try to go more often.

#3 ·
As much as financially possible haha

#5 · (Edited)
If I"m not travelling, I go at least 2-3 times each week (have to get my money's worth out of my membership) to the indoor range at my LGS and at least 2 hours to the State game land for rifle work each weekend.

If i'm running out of my budgeted "big" ammo, I switch over to .22.

D

#7 ·
If I can afford ammo I like to shoot every other day, but no more than that. On between days I like to shoot my bows, & give the muscles I use for firearms a rest. But I don't pay for ranges, I have an 80 yard archery range in my backyard, and the desert past my back fence is free to shoot in anytime.

#8 ·
I shoot 2-3 times a week

SeventiesWreckers said:
If I can afford ammo I like to shoot every other day, but no more than that. On between days I like to shoot my bows, & give the muscles I use for firearms a rest. But I don't pay for ranges, I have an 80 yard archery range in my backyard, and the desert past my back fence is free to shoot in anytime.
Nice!

#9 ·
SeventiesWreckers said:
Nice!! Makes it easier to shoot more often

#11 ·
must be nice.....
:cool:
D

#13 ·
Nice!! Makes it easier to shoot more often
Yes, Kodiak, & Glockinloaded, it really is nice. My wife likes to shoot S&W Magnums, which is fine with me, and as long as I do my chores I get to shoot all I want.

#15 ·
I'm about once a month too. Cost of range time and ammo gets expensive. It'd be great to walk out the back door and shoot! Assume my neighbors would be mighty upset though since they're only about 60' away - life in the big city.

#16 ·
runman said:
I'm about once a month too. Cost of range time and ammo gets expensive. It'd be great to walk out the back door and shoot! Assume my neighbors would be mighty upset though since they're only about 60' away - life in the big city.
Lol same here

#18 ·
portercc said:
Once a month. I take my 380, 9 and 45. Unless you are shooting reloads in your backyard, I don't see how anyone can afford range fees and ammo once a week.
That's what the 9mm for :). But if I had a .22 it would probably go with

#23 ·
Every two weeks after pay day hahahah in a couple months here Ill be getting the yearly pass and try to go every weekend

#25 ·
I go two times a week, once at the outdoor range on Tuesday AM and hit the indoor range on Thursday PM. The outdoor range is 30 miles from me and the indoor range is only 5 miles. I seem to shoot 700 to 1000 rounds of 9mm a month. I am retired and reload with my Dillon 550, loving every minuet of it.

#26 ·
Used to shot once a week. Work and kids caught up with me now it's whenever I get a chance. I shot at home so it's free but ammo isn't. I've stock piled 9mm over the years in Walmart 100 round boxes so I'm going to have to start using it. I have become to relaxed while carrying and not practicing and this weekend we had a scary run in. I had to draw my weapon in self defense for the first time. It made realize that I should be training better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.