how often to you shoot @ the range?

Discussion in 'Range Reports' started by oneshot1kill, Jun 10, 2012.

1. oneshot1kill

oneshot1kill New Member

i try to shoot every two weeks. i think that's good for me to keep my skills up to snuff. maybe when i get more time then i'll try to go more often.

2. glockguy13

glockguy13 New Member

I also go about every two weeks. That's plenty for now. Really if I went anymore it would get a little expensive. I still get plenty of practice that way

3. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

As much as financially possible haha

4. TheKraken

TheKraken Surviving Covid-19 Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

I try to go every Monday but I was not able to go today.

5. dwcfastrice

dwcfastrice Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

If I"m not travelling, I go at least 2-3 times each week (have to get my money's worth out of my membership) to the indoor range at my LGS and at least 2 hours to the State game land for rifle work each weekend.

If i'm running out of my budgeted "big" ammo, I switch over to .22.

D

Last edited: Jun 10, 2012
  6. Grabber GT

Grabber GT New Member

Ohio
    I try to shoot pistol every other week and shotgun every week.

7. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

If I can afford ammo I like to shoot every other day, but no more than that. On between days I like to shoot my bows, & give the muscles I use for firearms a rest. But I don't pay for ranges, I have an 80 yard archery range in my backyard, and the desert past my back fence is free to shoot in anytime.

8. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

I shoot 2-3 times a week

Nice!

9. glocknloaded

Nice!! Makes it easier to shoot more often

10. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

Usually once a week or twice a week. Really depends on how much ammo I can find.

11. dwcfastrice

dwcfastrice Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

must be nice.....
    :cool:
    D

12. mckm/Glock36

mckm/Glock36 New Member

I used to shoot once a week, but my in laws moved 1200 miles away (they were sitting on 5 acres in the country) now that I have to pay for range time it is less often

13. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

Yes, Kodiak, & Glockinloaded, it really is nice. My wife likes to shoot S&W Magnums, which is fine with me, and as long as I do my chores I get to shoot all I want.

14. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

Maaaaan, i go like once a month :(

15. runman

runman New Member

I'm about once a month too. Cost of range time and ammo gets expensive. It'd be great to walk out the back door and shoot! Assume my neighbors would be mighty upset though since they're only about 60' away - life in the big city.

16. glocknloaded

Lol same here

17. portercc

portercc New Member

Once a month. I take my 380, 9 and 45. Unless you are shooting reloads in your backyard, I don't see how anyone can afford range fees and ammo once a week.

18. glocknloaded

That's what the 9mm for :). But if I had a .22 it would probably go with

19. ash1012

ash1012 New Member

I go about 3 times a week. Two times to practice at the regular range and then USPSA night. I love my local range

20. bigben

bigben Member

I've been shooting about a mag a day in the back yard, just too work on building our new relationship and get more comfortable with her. Lol. But now I gotta slack off a good bit. Can't afford it. Lol