how much did you pay for your cpl.

Discussion in 'Conceal & Open Carry' started by Dboyce12, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Dboyce12

Dboyce12 New Member

Well being as I'm really good friends with the son of a gunsmith/instructor/dealer. I am getting mine for 20$ not including the app fees and all that. But still help of a deal! I think atleast.

2. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

CPL? as in CCW permit and CHL to carry concealed?

3. Oddball Gunner

Oddball Gunner New Member

Michigan recently changed from calling it a CCW to CPL (Concealed Pistol License).

That said, I spent $266.00 ($150.00 for the class, $11.00 for the passport quality photos, and $105.00 to the county clerk).

4. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Yah, NV should call it the same, since no permits are issued for other concealable weapons (knives, dirks, throwing stars, etc).

Over here, classes range from $60 to $150 for most classes (ours are $60) for an 8-hour class. Permit fee is $100.25 (don't forget the 25 cents!) and includes photo and fingerprints. Additional $20 if SO is required to do another fingerprint card (like for the FL mail-in application). NV CCW is good for 5 years, and authorizes semiauto and/or revolver.

5. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

I think i paid 120 for my ccw in AZ

6. Tillerman

Tillerman New Member

50 dollars in Va. and they accepted my hunters education certificate from NY for firearms training which cost me 0 dollars.

7. Redhairdontcare

Redhairdontcare New Member

90 for the Tennessee state required class and 115 for the license

8. fedempl

fedempl New Member

In Indiana for a lifetime license its $125. $75 to the state and $50 to your LEO.

9. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

$252.50 for colorado's cheapest that I've found. Thats what I paid at least. But ya they should call it CHL since it doesn't let me carry other weapons.

10. Dboyce12

Dboyce12 New Member

Ok cool thanks man I appreciate it.

11. Dboyce12

Dboyce12 New Member

Lol yeah that good ol .25 Haha

12. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

Mine costs 15 years of work :eek:

HR218

13. Ditto to HR218 :)

I teach the concealed course here in Arkansas and it costs the applicant 144.25, which does not count the actual course to the instructor. Instructors charge 50 to 75 in this area, not sure what they charge in other parts of the state.

The 144.25 breaks down and covers the state background (25), the FBI background (19.25), and processing fee of 100. The permit is valid for 5 years and renewal is 35.

14. Wormy

Wormy New Member

In North Carolina I paid 50.00 for the CCW course and 90.00 for the 5 year permit!

15. Dboyce12

Dboyce12 New Member

So I'm new to the gun world so don't laugh. Do you take the course before submitting your app?

16. Wormy

Wormy New Member

You take the course first. You will get a certificate if you pass. You the go to the Sheriffs Dept. to apply. They fingerprint you and then run a background check. If you check clean you get your CCW permit!

17. for me here in Eugene Oregon $80 for the class and $65 to the sheriffs office. for my Arizona they accepted my NRA class certificate $26 for fingerprints and $60 to Arizona DPS

18. Oddball Gunner

Oddball Gunner New Member

Yes.

You can get the app from your sheriff's dept, (since you're in MI) online at MSP website, or the county clerk.

Here in Kent County, you have to apply at the county clerk's office. It cost me $105.00 but that included the cost of fingerprinting. I had to show my receipt from the clerk's office at the sheriff's office. It would have cost me $67.00 plus the $105.00 if I had gotten fingerprinted first.

Also, make a COPY of your course completion certificate to include with your application. Keep the original for your records. Bring the original with you when you turn in your application but be sure to get it back.

When in doubt, call the county clerk or the sheriff department.

19. Dboyce12

Dboyce12 New Member

Ok thanks man.

20. Tape

Tape New Member

$7.50 a year here in Bama, no classes or any of that bs, well not bs, some people do need to attend