Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I carry a glock 26, with a flush 10 round mag, (10+1). I also carry 2 glock 17 round mags with me as well. 45 rounds total.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Eh, it's kinda dependent. Usually just one extra magazine, however, if I'm going into certain areas, or it's a given time of year or event, I may carry more. For example, I head into certain "Higher Crime" areas, I'll bring 2 extra magazines, and sometimes more. Black Friday, yeah, I have about 3 15 round magazines if I carry one of my 9mm. Or any event that is "prime target" for a given attack. For example, last time I attended "Thunder Over Louisville" I brought 2 extra with me. it was right after the Boston race bombings and I figured there may be a possibility of something happening.

Then, in Louisville, there was a night that many called the Purge. Which, long story short, someone released a lot of propoganda promoting a given date to be a night of massive crime just like the movie. Well, some took that to be serious. I remember that night walking out to check my mail, I had a VP9 on my hip, and a 12 gauge in my hand. Back inside I had a loaded AR-15 ready to go. That said, I had already heard many gun shots that night, and there was quite the show on the police scanners.

TL:DR - Depends on the situation at hand.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Usually the one in my g23 is the only one I have on me, if i have my shield i will sometimes carry 1 extra 8 round mag.

·
Premium Member
13,024 Posts
I EDC my Shield 9mm with 7 + 1, and 4 8 round back up mags. If say my Glock 19. I'll carry 2 extra mags.

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
G17 with a 17 round mag and one in the tube. 2 backup 17 rounders for 52 rounds. I am considering a 6 round extension for the one in the g17.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Magazine failure is more common with Glocks than actual gun malfunctions so I always carry a spare mag of the same configuration as I carry in the gun.

Dave

·
Registered
224 Posts
None if I'm carrying my 26, maybe one extra if I'm carrying my 42 or 43. This is normal everyday carry.
If I'm on a trip, I will usually have my 26 in a shoulder holster with two 17 mags on the other side.

·
Registered
278 Posts
EH, I haven't carried a spare for quite a while just a G19 and 15+1 In the pipe, of course I'm probably more aware of my surroundings then most, and thanks to movies I watched growing up I can't not check the back seat of a vehicle I'm getting Into..seriously I can't.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
When I carry my Glock 23 I have an extra 13 round magazine. When I carry my Glock 43, I have 2 spare 7 round magazines.

·
Registered
112 Posts
EH, I haven't carried a spare for quite a while just a G19 and 15+1 In the pipe, of course I'm probably more aware of my surroundings then most, and thanks to movies I watched growing up I can't not check the back seat of a vehicle I'm getting Into..seriously I can't.
I too am guilty. Just the G19, 15+1.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Usually one on belt( Sometimes two ) one in pouch in offhand cargo pocket and usually LCP in offhand pocket behind Dash Mini Wallet

·
Registered
190 Posts
One extra with either my kahr p380 or pm9, or Glock 36. I plan on running away long before my ammo runs out. I could carry more but in 36 years it has been legal for me to carry I have never even come close to having to draw it. Gotta put it all in perspective. Keep your head up, pay attention, avoid bad situations and places and most likely you will never need more than even having to pull a gun. That said if my life (or family) was in immediate danger I would not hesitate to draw and shoot until I run out of ammo without a thought.

Gotta admit the P380 is my go to carry gun. It fits anywhere, is light, accurate, easy to shoot and has never failed to go bang in close to 1000 rounds.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I spent many years toting multiple guns and spare mags in and out of uniform. Now retired, I don't feel the need. I'm ALWAYS armed, but rarely tote a spare mag. Exceptions are overnight road trips and any day trip to or near "The City" (Atlanta). Around my little old Mayberry town, it's a G-43.

If your job is to engage armed bad guys, then by all means, load out. My job now is to keep me and my wife safe. I'm comfortable with one, fully loaded G-19 (or G-23) in almost all situations.

·
Registered
23 Posts
2 - 17 round glock mags with the +6 taran tactical fire power base pads and another one in the gun giving a total of 69 + 1 rounds of 124gr + p Speer GDHP.... I guess I do go after armed bad guys everyday... and I'm paranoid!

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
My CC is a 43. I use Hornady Critical Defense and keep a second mag in the vehicle just in case I may need it in a certain area.
In normal situations, 7 rnds is sufficient to take out 3-7 bad guys. I won't need more than two per bad guy.
See Ammo Quest on YouTube for the HCD ammo performance.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts