how many rounds do you carry

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by newb84, Jun 20, 2012.

1. deadlift560

deadlift560 New Member

2. lilmarinej

lilmarinej New Member

In my g23 I carry one 13rd mag alternating 2 hp and 1 fmj. Since my g23 was a gen 4 it came with 3 mags so I have two set up this way and a glock 22 rd mag stuffed with speer gold dots. Never leave home without em lol

3. G19 15 + 1 with G17 mag in weak side pocket...g26 BUG on ankle with 10 +1...

4. Grabber GT

Grabber GT New Member

Ohio
    10 rounds. Because I've gotten into the habit of counting from shooting competition. Besides, my 26 only holds 10.

5. iRockGlock

iRockGlock Well-Known Member

33 rounds of 9mm
    15+1 & 17rnds mag backup

6. series11

series11 Hail Commifornia Lifetime Supporting Member

CA-law says 10rds per mag so I carry 10+1 and two mags

7. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

When I carry my G27 it's 9+1. G23 it's 13+1 I keep another 13 round mag in the center console in both of my Trucks.

8. dougster

dougster New Member

lilmarinej can you educate me on the purpose of alternating HP and FMJ?

9. HenryinFlorida

HenryinFlorida New Member

I carry one spare magazine. If I'm carrying my Kahr CW45 that gives me 7+1 in the pistol, and 7 more in the extra magazine.
    I also usually have my LCP in my pocket giving me 6+1 in that pistol.

I keep my 21sf in my nightstand drawer, that has 13+1 and the spare magazine with another 13 next to it.

10. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

I carry the one in my Glock 23, plus two extras so 40 rounds of ammunition. If I need more than that I'm in some serious trouble. The main reason is not because I think I will need that many, but in the case of a double feed I won't won't have to bend over to pick up the mag I just dropped from the gun to clear the malfunction, I can just pull one of the extras out. I highly doubt this will happen with a Glock, but you must prepare for the worst.

11. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

Maybe if the attacker is in a car or behind a barrier? lol I carried a mag loaded with fmj for a while for this purpose, just in case! (and because I didn't have enough money to buy another box of hollow points) I no longer carry it though because I was able to afford some more hollow points.

12. series11

I alternate and the reason I do it is because some types of jackets or clothing can make the HP expand and lose energy where a FMJ would be able to penetrate. That or if the person was behind something and you need more penetration. I carry Hydrashok and brandname FMJ.

13. sgtcowboyusmc

sgtcowboyusmc New Member

Most Clothing is no match for the HS! Here is 4 layers of denim!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0515AxzA5c[/ame]

14. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

13 =1 In my XDM .45 for carry. Two mags in the driver door map compartment of my F 350. If I have to go very far from the truck I just grab one & stick it in a left side jacket pocket. Several mags throughout the house & up in the out buildings of my property.

15. sgtcowboyusmc

sgtcowboyusmc New Member

I carry at a minimum I carry 23 230 gr Hyda-Shok because of its 1 shot stops! 96% is hard to argue with!

http://www.handloads.com/misc/stoppingpower.asp?Caliber=18&Weight=230

(OK Tried to post the chart but it didn't work so here is the link!)

You also can't argue with the penetration. Gelatin is good for static measurements but actual street shootings is where the rubber meets the road! IIR Correctly the 230 gr HS out performed the 125 357 of legend and fame, but only by a 10th of a percent;)

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  16. lilmarinej

lilmarinej New Member

Ditto to series11 sometimes a hp may not expand the way it is suppose to with certain types of clothing or if there my be an obstacle. My neighbor is a Leo and he informed me that if I were to ever encounter a threat with a ballistics vest that hp would hardly penetrate, so he told me that if I double the hp and follow with a fmj that the fmj would be the one to penetrate. But other than that if you pick up a box of hp and a box of fmj you can stretch them out a little bit more through your mags.

17. series11

Can't watch videos at work but will when I get home, I am interested. I know hydra-shok is some of the best stuff out there. If I had more time and money I would like to do an experiment....

18. lilmarinej

lilmarinej New Member

Hyrda- shock is good from what I see...as far as myself I tend to use the spear gold dots, the people at my lgs said it is what most leos carry and use and the other is the Winchester ranger series. I looked them up online and from what I saw I was sold. Sometimes they can be hard to come by the well worth it when you find them.

19. series11

I'll look at those as well... but I'm pleased with the hydra-shoks so far