Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many magazines does everyone have for each of thier caliber glocks? I'm trying to get an idiea of how many to stock up on. 5 mags per cal, or 10 per cal.....and so on.

·
Hiding in plain sight....
18,120 Posts
Depends on what you use it for....
My competition gun - I have 8-10.
My carry gun - 3-5.
My AR - 10
My 10/22 - 5
Sig mosquito - 1, because they are so dang expensive! If I can find them cheaper, I'll up them to 3-5.

I will probably buy more for the carry gun as I find them on sale just so that I can use it as a backup competition gun.

·
Premium Member
45,457 Posts
I have 6 for each of my glocks no matter if same cal. I still get 6 for each.. 1 for just for my self defense mag other 5 is for range ..

·
Sheep Dog-MCLMM
430 Posts
I have 7 G23 mags and 19 G22 mags. Also have two 31 round mags. 28 total.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have 6 mags for each of my full size but not for my sub compacts I have however many came withy sub compacts. I just wanna know if I need more or the average mag stash

·
771 Posts
As many as you can reasonably afford

How many magazines does everyone have for each of thier caliber glocks? I'm trying to get an idiea of how many to stock up on. 5 mags per cal, or 10 per cal.....and so on.

You dont need to run out and get a second mortgage on the house, but you should have as many as you can reasonably afford. What does that mean, well, that is something you can only answer for yourself. I think of how important mags are to me in the context 'What if I couldnt buy them anymore?'.

If we ever find ourselves in the scenario again where max capacity of 10 is only available, having a healthy supply of standard capacity mags on hand for your weapons would be to your advantage, and potentially a money maker for you to sell to others who didnt have the vision to stock up. Feast or famine, sad way to live, but a reality none the less! Extends to ammunition as well....We never know what the future holds for us...

·
Sheep Dog-MCLMM
430 Posts
Amen......

·
Glockn Rollin
2,656 Posts
I own 4, one in a commie mag that holds 10 rounds because a buddy gave it to me, se really 3 haha. I would say bare minimum you should have 2 in your EDC in case there is a type 3 malfunction and you need to drop the mag. Then you have a fresh mag at the ready. I personally carry 3 on my person (1 in the gun) for that very reason and just in case of the horrible possibility that I would need 40 rounds of ammo haha. Plus, it would be unreasonable for me to carry any more than that on my person at any given time.

·
515 Posts
the wife and I have 8 apice right now,the next gun show well will be getting some more.
it makes it easy when we go to the gun range!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Andyman85 said:
You mean "clips" right? LMBO.....sorry couldn't resist.

·
Banned
105 Posts
I have 10 for my G34, why??? Because nothing is worse then having to reload when having fun at the range. However, for personal defense I do not see why more then 3 would be practical.

·
Registered
23 Posts
capitalcityglock said:
You dont need to run out and get a second mortgage on the house, but you should have as many as you can reasonably afford. What does that mean, well, that is something you can only answer for yourself. I think of how important mags are to me in the context 'What if I couldnt buy them anymore?'.

If we ever find ourselves in the scenario again where max capacity of 10 is only available, having a healthy supply of standard capacity mags on hand for your weapons would be to your advantage, and potentially a money maker for you to sell to others who didnt have the vision to stock up. Feast or famine, sad way to live, but a reality none the less! Extends to ammunition as well....We never know what the future holds for us...
Nicely said.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have 11 in .40. 4 - 31 round mags, 1 - 22 round mag, 3 - 15 round mags, & 3 - 9 round mags (that came with my 27).

I have two .40's (22C & a 27). I want 3 more 22 round mags. I'd damn near be willing to give up all 3 31 round mags for 3 22 rounders.

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
12+ per caliber then the wife has that many too for her stuff.
We have an assortment too of the Clinton Ban mags that came with the pistols but I like the "Standard Capacity" mags myself.

·
Premium Member
8,653 Posts
4 G19, 3 G26.

My OD guns are 6 (6+1) + 2 for the G36, and 9 for the LCP. I don't like to reload mags during a qualifying run.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts