Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Low speed High drag
2,650 Posts
As the title states. Does anyone here own one, or maybe more? What's the value of them?
They still make them. They are only available to law enforcement and military. If you're a firearms dealer for nfa items you can have 1 for demonstration purposes only. For a civilian legal 1 it would have to be made before 1986 and would cost 10s of thousands of dollars.

·
Registered
149 Posts

The ones I’ve seen in the US are gen.2’s. If I’m remembering correctly. I shot one at a range in Las Vegas.
Very interesting article! Basically, all these gangsters on the streets can now easily convert their Glocks to essentially G18’s by installing an illegal switch.

·
Premium Member
8,483 Posts
Very interesting article! Basically, all these gangsters on the streets can now easily convert their Glocks to essentially G18’s by installing an illegal switch.

"Very interesting article! Basically, all these gangsters on the streets can now easily convert their Glocks to essentially G18’s by installing an illegal switch."

However Constitutionally a switch is not illegal,not that tyrants pay attention to the Constitution as evidenced by todays house vote to ban semi auto guns.

·
Registered
149 Posts
"Very interesting article! Basically, all these gangsters on the streets can now easily convert their Glocks to essentially G18’s by installing an illegal switch."

However Constitutionally a switch is not illegal,not that tyrants pay attention to the Constitution as evidenced by todays house vote to ban semi auto guns.
Did you actually read what the House voted for today? They didn’t pass a vote today to ban semi auto guns, they passed a vote to reinstate the ban that expired after 10 years, and it doesn’t matter anyway, cause we aren’t going to let it pass in the Senate.

You should really read the details instead of posting misleading info.

AND… Yes, I do believe you’re right that the switch itself is not illegal (not 100% sure), but once the switch is installed, then the automatic Glock is definitely illegal.

·
Premium Member
8,483 Posts
Did you actually read what the House voted for today? They didn’t pass a vote today to ban semi auto guns, they passed a vote to reinstate the ban that expired after 10 years, and it doesn’t matter anyway, cause we aren’t going to let it pass in the Senate.

You should really read the details instead of posting misleading info.
Yes I did, perhaps you missed it but in the original ban, from 1994 - 2004,no pistols were banned and this will if passed in the senate and signed into law by his fraudulencey,no matter it's all un Constitutional.

Reactions: dmbell and Olga17

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yes I did, perhaps you missed it but in the original ban, from 1994 - 2004,no pistols were banned and this will if passed in the senate and signed into law by his fraudulencey,no matter it's all un Constitutional.
I agree it’s unconstitutional, but I couldn’t find the list anywhere, and everything I read only mentioned semi-auto rifles, no mention of pistols. If you can find the link to the actual bill, then we can see if that’s in fact the case.
  • The measure would make it illegal for anyone to “import, sell, manufacture, or transfer” semiautomatic rifles that have military features and can accept a detachable magazine or have a fixed magazine that holds 10 or more rounds of ammunition
Additionally, there’s no “if it passes”, it’s virtually impossible for it to pass in the Senate. I don’t see any of our Republican senators voting for it.

·
Premium Member
8,483 Posts

When you read tru it any pistol with a detachable magazine that there is a full auto version, ie like Glocks,1911's,CZ's, Beretta's,ect.

Reactions: j102

·
Registered
149 Posts

When you read tru it any pistol with a detachable magazine that there is a full auto version, ie like Glocks,1911's,CZ's, Beretta's,ect.
The video you posted breaks it down well. I get it now. They made it so vague that eventually they can pretty much ban everything.

As far as the section referring to a semi-automatic version of a fully automatic pistol would be considered an assault weapon is insane. Is the Glock 18 still being manufactured? Are there any fully automatic pistols being manufactured currently?

We should be ok in the Senate as no republicans would be dumb enough to vote for this BS bill.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
47,504 Posts
The video you posted breaks it down well. I get it now. They made it so vague that eventually they can pretty much ban everything.

As far as the section referring to a semi-automatic version of a fully automatic pistol would be considered an assault weapon is insane. Is the Glock 18 still being manufactured? Are there any fully automatic pistols being manufactured currently?

We should be ok in the Senate as no republicans would be dumb enough to vote for this BS bill.
The Glock 18 is available for sale around the world. It’s near impossible to get here in the states even for law enforcement.
My department had an auto switch that could be attached to a Glock. It wasn’t all that great and wasn’t very consistent.
Beretta made the 93R, an automatic derivative of the 92 series.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Composite material

Military person Gesture Cap Headgear Monochrome

·
Registered
87 Posts
Anyone who personally attacks another member of this forum, by using wording such as “you should do this before posting that”, will be permanently banned. This is a clear violation of the forum rules.
Exactly. This is Glock Forum, not that other nasty place. We take the high road here. 👍

1 - 20 of 20 Posts