How many conceal a full size Glock?

Discussion in 'Conceal & Open Carry' started by RockoutwithmyGlockout, Apr 12, 2012.

1. RockoutwithmyGlockout

RockoutwithmyGlockout New Member

I was just wondering how many others are like me in concealing a full size Glock 17? My friends give me a lot of crap for concealing a full size. I'm most comfortable with it due to my large hands. I do plan in purchasing a smaller Glock, eventually as a back up! Michigan has no restrictions on how many firearms you can conceal...
    I'm 6'2" 190 lbs. I'm left handed and carry about 7 o'clock for best concealment. Let me know what you guys think! I want to know!

2. Augi

Augi New Member

I carry my G-17 a lot... Usually when I am dressed casual, like walking the dogs or just hanging out. When I go out, I gear up with a G-26. I have a G-32 on layaway. I imaging keeping the 17 at work and CC the 32 most of the time. I'm a plus size kind of guy.

3. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

What I think Got from a FB poster somewhere

Attached Files:

4. cvitter

cvitter New Member

I carry a 19 but that 17 isn't that much larger. I know a few people that carry 17s with no complaints. I don't think that there is anything weird about that at all.

5. I carry a G22 all day long with no issues or printing. 6-1, 225

6. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

I have one of each of the three major sizes, but I've never tried to conceal my 17. I carry my 19 and my 30. The 30 gets almost swallowed up using a MIC holster and sticking it at like 1 o'clock. I'm guessing I could conceal the 17 if I wanted but my compact and subcompact make more sense to me to carry. But thats for me.

7. g21redman

g21redman just wants to watch the world burn.

im like 5'10 and only 150lbs and CC a G21 witch is a tad hard at times haha but I get it done. I do plan and getting a sub compact in the future to make it easer on myself

8. I actually carry a G35 with a Blackhawk serpa OWB holster!

9. RockoutwithmyGlockout

Thanks to all who replied. That's a great Facebook post. My friends that give me a hard time, do it in a genuine fun manner. I wasn't certain if there a lot of people that choose to conceal a full size or conceal a slightly smaller. I do agree the 19 isn't that much smaller. That's the reason why I purchased the 17, the difference was almost negligible. My work clothes I think make it difficult to conceal with out printing. (I work in apt maintenance) my uniform is a blue fine checkered shirt and dark blue work pants. I could be completely wrong in thinking it prints more than it does. I know it's there. Street clothes aren't an issue. I prefer loose fitting clothes anyways. When I bend over it sticks out a bit. I think if I adjusted the holster to make it ride a bit higher it may solve that. We'll see. But again I'm glad I'm not the only one that chooses to conceal a full size. This forum is great, and everyone has great advice.

10. I use to carry my G17 every day... the best holster I had for it was a miami rig. I also used a Barsony IWB that worked alright if I was standing... when sitting I had to make sure I didnt pinch any goodies.

11. RockoutwithmyGlockout

Right now I am using the comp- tac holster. I have a Glock belt holster for OWB on order along with some Glock coffee cups! ;)
    The comp-Tac holster suits my needs very well. It's kydex, it's durable, and I can tuck my shirt in over/around it. Friend often carried his Springfield sub compact in it. I couldn't see it. So I thought I should follow.

12. karlde

karlde Member

Ohio
    I like to carry my Glock 23 in the small of my back. I have a couple holsters that do that well. I bought a Walther PPK 380 to carry because it is smaller and I thought it was a good gun. It can't compare to the Glock in performance. It will jam at least once on the range and the Glock is flawless.

13. GlockIt

GlockIt Carry on my friends!!!!

Winter/jean jacket carry is a 20. Summer/spring carry is a 23/27.

14. glockrocker

glockrocker New Member

I carry a G23. Even in summer. Easy enough to conceal. Best place in the summer is appendix carry right over the crouch area

15. RockoutwithmyGlockout

I'll have to try for the front. Although I think that works best as long you aren't sitting? I tried that at first, it wasn't easy to bend over at all.

16. glock34scout

glock34scout New Member

I conceal carry a G22 either with iwb holster or my SOB holster. I do also have a G27 that like carrying in warmer weather. I'm not a large person 5'9 150ish. It can be done and many do. Just need to be creative

17. DDPG17

DDPG17 New Member

Maine

I carry my 17 everyday and have it in a bulldog holster on the inside of my jeans on my hip. I used to have it on the outside but my shirt would ride up over it a lot. Doesnt bother me to be on the inside at all. Im 6'1 and almost 250.

18. Matthew780

Matthew780 Very Sensitive Guy (^;)

My 21 is my constant companion. I carry it open, or in a shoulder holster, or concealed I used a FoxX IWB at the 6 o'clock (see review in FoxX Holster Introduction).

19. This is a holster I made for a buddy of mine that carries everyday. A full size XD Tactical. I know it isn't a Glock (sorry)

[​IMG]

20. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

Very nice holster,your a good friend