Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering how many others are like me in concealing a full size Glock 17? My friends give me a lot of crap for concealing a full size. I'm most comfortable with it due to my large hands. I do plan in purchasing a smaller Glock, eventually as a back up! Michigan has no restrictions on how many firearms you can conceal...
I'm 6'2" 190 lbs. I'm left handed and carry about 7 o'clock for best concealment. Let me know what you guys think! I want to know!

·
Registered
467 Posts
I carry my G-17 a lot... Usually when I am dressed casual, like walking the dogs or just hanging out. When I go out, I gear up with a G-26. I have a G-32 on layaway. I imaging keeping the 17 at work and CC the 32 most of the time. I'm a plus size kind of guy.

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
I was just wondering how many others are like me in concealing a full size Glock 17? My friends give me a lot of crap for concealing a full size. I'm most comfortable with it due to my large hands. I do plan in purchasing a smaller Glock, eventually as a back up! Michigan has no restrictions on how many firearms you can conceal...
I'm 6'2" 190 lbs. I'm left handed and carry about 7 o'clock for best concealment. Let me know what you guys think! I want to know!
What I think Got from a FB poster somewhere

Attachments

·
Registered
217 Posts
I carry a 19 but that 17 isn't that much larger. I know a few people that carry 17s with no complaints. I don't think that there is anything weird about that at all.

·
Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome
1,672 Posts
I have one of each of the three major sizes, but I've never tried to conceal my 17. I carry my 19 and my 30. The 30 gets almost swallowed up using a MIC holster and sticking it at like 1 o'clock. I'm guessing I could conceal the 17 if I wanted but my compact and subcompact make more sense to me to carry. But thats for me.

·
just wants to watch the world burn.
1,021 Posts
im like 5'10 and only 150lbs and CC a G21 witch is a tad hard at times haha but I get it done. I do plan and getting a sub compact in the future to make it easer on myself

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks to all who replied. That's a great Facebook post. My friends that give me a hard time, do it in a genuine fun manner. I wasn't certain if there a lot of people that choose to conceal a full size or conceal a slightly smaller. I do agree the 19 isn't that much smaller. That's the reason why I purchased the 17, the difference was almost negligible. My work clothes I think make it difficult to conceal with out printing. (I work in apt maintenance) my uniform is a blue fine checkered shirt and dark blue work pants. I could be completely wrong in thinking it prints more than it does. I know it's there. Street clothes aren't an issue. I prefer loose fitting clothes anyways. When I bend over it sticks out a bit. I think if I adjusted the holster to make it ride a bit higher it may solve that. We'll see. But again I'm glad I'm not the only one that chooses to conceal a full size. This forum is great, and everyone has great advice.

·
Banned
636 Posts
I use to carry my G17 every day... the best holster I had for it was a miami rig. I also used a Barsony IWB that worked alright if I was standing... when sitting I had to make sure I didnt pinch any goodies.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Right now I am using the comp- tac holster. I have a Glock belt holster for OWB on order along with some Glock coffee cups! ;)
The comp-Tac holster suits my needs very well. It's kydex, it's durable, and I can tuck my shirt in over/around it. Friend often carried his Springfield sub compact in it. I couldn't see it. So I thought I should follow.

·
13 Posts
I like to carry my Glock 23 in the small of my back. I have a couple holsters that do that well. I bought a Walther PPK 380 to carry because it is smaller and I thought it was a good gun. It can't compare to the Glock in performance. It will jam at least once on the range and the Glock is flawless.

·
Carry on my friends!!!!
974 Posts
Winter/jean jacket carry is a 20. Summer/spring carry is a 23/27.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'll have to try for the front. Although I think that works best as long you aren't sitting? I tried that at first, it wasn't easy to bend over at all.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I conceal carry a G22 either with iwb holster or my SOB holster. I do also have a G27 that like carrying in warmer weather. I'm not a large person 5'9 150ish. It can be done and many do. Just need to be creative

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks to all who replied. That's a great Facebook post. My friends that give me a hard time, do it in a genuine fun manner. I wasn't certain if there a lot of people that choose to conceal a full size or conceal a slightly smaller. I do agree the 19 isn't that much smaller. That's the reason why I purchased the 17, the difference was almost negligible. My work clothes I think make it difficult to conceal with out printing. (I work in apt maintenance) my uniform is a blue fine checkered shirt and dark blue work pants. I could be completely wrong in thinking it prints more than it does. I know it's there. Street clothes aren't an issue. I prefer loose fitting clothes anyways. When I bend over it sticks out a bit. I think if I adjusted the holster to make it ride a bit higher it may solve that. We'll see. But again I'm glad I'm not the only one that chooses to conceal a full size. This forum is great, and everyone has great advice.

I carry my 17 everyday and have it in a bulldog holster on the inside of my jeans on my hip. I used to have it on the outside but my shirt would ride up over it a lot. Doesnt bother me to be on the inside at all. Im 6'1 and almost 250.

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
Ripper-Rudnick said:
This is a holster I made for a buddy of mine that carries everyday. A full size XD Tactical. I know it isn't a Glock (sorry)
Very nice holster,your a good friend

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.