Glock Forum banner

How do you like your Glock 20?

7K views 49 replies 28 participants last post by  pulplv 
#1 ·
Im purchasing a new 10mm soon. I would like the thoughts from you Glock 10mm owners, Would you do it again? or would you consider a different brand??

#10 ·
Wow seems you guys are very happy. Im getting excited, I love looking at the ballistics too. Im thinking this Glock
10mm is gonna be happenin!!! The great part is im already set up for loading .40 S&W, Im sure I can find some bulk 10mm
brass online for sale. Then I need some large pistol primers and im set..

#12 ·
jidavies said:
Wow seems you guys are very happy. Im getting excited, I love looking at the ballistics too. Im thinking this Glock
10mm is gonna be happenin!!! The great part is im already set up for loading .40 S&W, Im sure I can find some bulk 10mm
brass online for sale. Then I need some large pistol primers and im set..
Don't forget to look at Wolf's conversion for 40 S&W and 357 Sig....

#14 ·
Thanks guys for your inputs. They are valued very much. So much that I have secured the one and only Generation 3 G20 to be found at any
of my local gun stores.. One sales person said "I have not been asked about a 10mm in 5 years" Im hoping to see this caliber come back. The results
this round can produce is just unbelievably awesome.. :)

#16 ·
I'm embarrassed to say it, but I bought a G20 about 2 months ago and have yet to shoot it. Which if you knew me you'd understand how shocking that is. Not because I have gone shooting, it's because I've been to lazy to drive all the way out to Cabela's to buy ammo. No one else seems to stock it and I know I can order online but I usually wait it I need a boat load of 9mm and 223 before I order online.

#19 ·
You really need to get out and shoot your Glock 20. I own a 20c and I literally love it. AweSome gun.
Trust me I know, I have a place in the country with plenty of acreage, so no excuse there. I really just need to break down head out to Cabela's and get some ammo.

#21 ·
I would love one, it's a beefed-up .40. I personally wouldn't use it for daily carry because of the risk of over-penetration and collateral damage.
The other way 'round, actually. The 10mm predated the .40 S&W but was deemed "too much gun" by law enforcement, which led to S&W's development of the lighter round. Sort of like they did going from .38 Special to .357 Magnum back in the 1930's, but in reverse order of power. I contemplate getting an M20 off and on....but mostly off. If I were a handgun hunter, I'd own one for sure. Also I reload, and would not even contemplate owning a 10mm if I didn't.

#22 ·
When there is talk about different handgun calibers, It seems the main question is, Is the cartridge adequate of doing what its intended purpose is? Some feel a 9mm
is perfect for self defense while we have some folk feel the .40 S&W is just lacking adequacy. However, the 10mm I have not not heard anybody say this cartridge lacks in adequacy.

Ya Baby!!! This is what Im talking about. Massive adequacy with massive magazine capacity. Lets not forget about reliability!!!

Ill take a Glock 10mm any day. :)

#23 ·
The other way 'round, actually. The 10mm predated the .40 S&W but was deemed "too much gun" by law enforcement, which led to S&W's development of the lighter round. Sort of like they did going from .38 Special to .357 Magnum back in the 1930's, but in reverse order of power. I contemplate getting an M20 off and on....but mostly off. If I were a handgun hunter, I'd own one for sure. Also I reload, and would not even contemplate owning a 10mm if I didn't.

Which is why originally it was referred to as 10mm short. And many still call it 40 "short and weak". Heck I like em all so don't 'shoot the messenger'.

#24 ·
I had a G20sf up to a week ago. I never shot it much though, due to the price of ammo. Most of the ammo I found wasn't loaded much hotter than the .40s&w I was shooting out of my G23, so I traded my buddy for his nearly new G36 which IMHO is a great carry gun. No regrets!

#25 ·
If your going to buy a 10mm it is very beneficial if your a reloader. Regular plinking ammo is not
easy to find. Im hoping to see that change. Im sure if more and more people start buying the 10mm, the markets
will start stocking more 10mm ammo to keep up with demand.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.