Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate to admit that I have to hide allot of my purchases from my wife. It isn't like my family goes without or anything, it's just my wife feels that I go overboard at times. Which I can say I do! The way I look at it "if I want it I get it" lol!

I have purchased five AR15's, three Glocks and four M&P's and a few others this year alone!!! Do you guys think I need some help with my addiction?

Again today I purchased a G17 that my wife don't know about! I truly need help, lmbo!!!

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
I hate to admit that I have to hide allot of my purchases from my wife. It isn't like my family goes without or anything, it's just my wife feels that I go overboard at times. Which I can say I do! The way I look at it "if I want it I get it" lol!

I have purchased five AR15's, three Glocks and four M&P's and a few others this year alone!!! Do you guys think I need some help with my addiction?

Again today I purchased a G17 that my wife don't know about! I truly need help, lmbo!!!
Sine your priorities are taking care of, honesty is the best policy. No need to lie or hide anything from the one you love.;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah I don't know how to help you there! If you ask me, your priorities are in place. If you think you have a problem you can always let her keep up with the checkbook. My wife knows where every penny is spent in our house. If the table was turned, I have to admit my collection would resemble yours! Good luck!

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
First off, it is never a good idea to hide things from your other half, in the interest of marital bliss. The act of deception may be of bigger consequence than the act of the purchase, should it come out.

That being the said, how you run your relationship is your business, although five AR15s in only 8 months does seem a little extreme :)D).

I read somewhere recently that men's minds are like a bunch of boxes, when we think on something, it is that one thing alone and in a box. Women's minds are like a bunch of wires, where everything is interconnected and one thing is related to something else is related to something else, and new meanings are interpreted from every single thing.

If it was me, I would take her to dinner, and confess there.

But then again, that is only me.

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
I just take her out on a date night and buy her a new outfit before I buy my guns... This way everyone is happy :)

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys for all advice! My wife and I have been married for almost 26 years now, it has worked thus far! However I do feel like an ass! The way I look at it myself "I would rather ask for forgiveness than for permission", lmbo!

On the other hand, I did buy her 2 new cars in the past 3 years! So therefore I think we may be pretty much even, lmbo!

Thank you guys, you are all great men in my book!

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
This seems to come up pretty frequently. Maybe the Glock Forum needs a Chapel thread, where a Moderator can take Confessions.

I nominate Dutchs, 'cause he reminds me of Friar Tuck, and he'd look great in a Camo Robed Hoodie.

But seriously, your wife probably already knows, mines pretty good at that kind of stuff. My problem is I have to keep her out of the LGS, 'cause she always seems to zero in on the high dollar stuff. The last time she was with me, she saw a Barrett .50 BMG, and just said "I want that". She still wants one, but doesn't want to pay the price, so I'm off the hook for now.

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
This seems to come up pretty frequently. Maybe the Glock Forum needs a Chapel thread, where a Moderator can take Confessions.

I nominate Dutchs, 'cause he reminds me of Friar Tuck, and he'd look great in a Camo Robed Hoodie.

But seriously, your wife probably already knows, mines pretty good at that kind of stuff. My problem is I have to keep her out of the LGS, 'cause she always seems to zero in on the high dollar stuff. The last time she was with me, she saw a Barrett .50 BMG, and just said "I want that". She still wants one, but doesn't want to pay the price, so I'm off the hook for now.
Just wait until she fires one! I couldn't sleep nights thinking about it after shooting it! My video is on here.

·
Supporting Member
568 Posts
When I first decided to purchase a pistol the wife was not to keen about it. I started watching Hickok45. All the shooting videos drove her crazy telling me to either turn it off , lower the sound or even use earbuds. Now that I have my19 she has settled down and is pretty agreeable. 35 years she has put up with me. Love her to death.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts

I tell my wife everything. I sometimes take a lot of crap for it, depends on how bad I want it. Better to tell and get it over with in my mind. Did you REALLY say Friar Tuck??:pHAHAHAHAHA:D:D

·
Registered
144 Posts
I hate to admit I rotate stock so mucho wife doesn't ask anymore. Unless its a drastic difference from what she has shot or it sticks out like a sore thumb. If she asks I spill it tho. Back to that easier to ask forgiveness thing ha ha.

·
Pistol Whipper
19 Posts
I must have picked a good wife. My wife has no issues with me purchasing guns. It's my hobby and she supports it. Usually she walks out with one of her own if she goes to the LGS with me.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I opened up a large can of worms it seems, lmfao!!! You guys are great, keep 'em coming!!! Just love it!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have not heard from any of you guys anything that will help me reveal the details of my arsenal to my wife. I admit I definitely have a problem, but... five AR-15s? I'm starting to look okay. She knows about the 19C cause I carry it around the house all the time dry firing it and practicing my draw. Wonder what she would say if she finds out I conceal carry my PF9 every time we go out or the SCCY CPX2 at my bedside. Oh, and how about ammo? I'm sure glad I work from home and Fedex/UPS delivers while she's at work. I hope she never looks in the back of my office closet. Just celebrated our 38th wedding anniversary so I figure I better break the news sometime soon... say, before our 50th anniversary.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Truth be told I am single so I buy what I want, when I want. Without explaining anything to anyone. lol :p

I just know that secretes hurts a relationship more then it helps them.:D

·
Registered
99 Posts
I got luck to and mine let's me buy what I want as long as there's a little time between buying them. Plus stashing them in different hidden location in the house help keep them out of sight out of mind.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts