Glock Forum banner

How do you carry extra mags?

3K views 25 replies 14 participants last post by  Glockmaster 
#1 ·
As a new member to Glock, I was just wondering how does everyone carry their extra magazines and how many mags do you have.

#3 ·
Well if you mean in EDC, I carry an extra mag in a Gerber Knife sheath. If you mean to the range I carry them in my range bag.

For 9mm I have:
33rnd x1
17rnd x6
15rnd x3

And for .45 ACP I have:
13rnd x2
10rnd x3

#9 ·
In pocket or in Blackhawks double mag paddle or in remora IWB no clip( just got in mail today) or in falco IWB / OWB mag pouch that I am still waiting to receive... ( I have not seen the falco in person yet and there customer service leaves a lot to be desired I really hope they are worth the almost 1 month wait)

#10 ·
I word to the wise, and appropos of nothing whatsoever, I would recommend against putting ammo (loose rounds) or loaded mags in a pocket, be it a pants pocket, sweater pocket, or jacket/coat pocket....I have seen hollow-points whose fluid cavities were just clogged with nasty pocket lint and other nastiness I don't want to think about.

Just a thought I'd toss out there....

#13 ·
When I'm off duty.

I'm Retired so I guess you could say I am always "Off Duty"!:D

I know many say you should always carry the same place all the time for your carry weapon and mags but I don't. Mine is dependent on what I am wearing! Sometimes it is 1 mag in a waist pack and sometimes it is 2 mags in a Fobus 2 mag pouch! I also have a Bianchi 2 mag pouch that fits on the belt.

#20 ·
I word to the wise, and appropos of nothing whatsoever, I would recommend against putting ammo (loose rounds) or loaded mags in a pocket, be it a pants pocket, sweater pocket, or jacket/coat pocket....I have seen hollow-points whose fluid cavities were just clogged with nasty pocket lint and other nastiness I don't want to think about.

Just a thought I'd toss out there....
^^^^^ amen

#21 · (Edited)
@Matthew780:

It must be, what, 5:40AM your time now? Don't you ever sleep?
HAHAHAHAHAHA! I don't sleep alot, but I go to bed early, around 8-8:30pm, and most times I'm up at 4am getting awake and enjoying the most solaced part of my day (between 4am and 6am). And sometimes I'm up earlier than that... Just one more thing I like about retirement. I can nap anytime I want... Do whatever I want, whenever I want, and no more rAt rAce.

I used to be out the door in a full run at 5am and ran until 7pm (when I got home), and that was the last 7 years of service. 25 years before that, I was gone all week long, all over the eastern United States. Now, two years after retirement, I just sit and look at the clock at 5am and celebrate the fact that I'm not going anywhere.
;)

#23 ·
Mike P looks like he's really making quality items, so check his site out. I'm running DSG Arms kydex mag carriers
Agreed.

His (Mike P.) merchandise is EXACTLY as displayed on his website, and the shipping time can't be beaten. He's a great guy to do business with and he makes the whole process very simple for you.

I give him 5 stars as a vendor here at GF. (thumbsup smiley here)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.