Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My glock 19 is about 15 yrs old, it was packaged in a black rubbery/plastic case, not like the fancier one's with the handle & padding etc. What generation is it?

·
Banned
14,133 Posts
Welcome to the Glock Forum !!

If it was made in between the late 1990's and 2010...and has an accessory rail, it's a Gen3...Gen 4 was introduced in 2010 at the Shot Show.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
nikita said:
My glock 19 is about 15 yrs old, it was packaged in a black rubbery/plastic case, not like the fancier one's with the handle & padding etc. What generation is it?
Pictures help, also a description of the firearm itself works better than the box. Welcome to the forum.

·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the Glock Forum !!

If it was made in between the late 1990's and 2010...and has an accessory rail, it's a Gen3...Gen 4 was introduced in 2010 at the Shot Show.
Most likely early 90's now that I am thinking about it, thank you for reply.:)

I'll take a picture, I'm not familiar with accessory rail.

·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pictures help, also a description of the firearm itself works better than the box. Welcome to the forum.
I understand, well I was just outside and going to fire, thought twice, posted here, ok I'm back to work, will take photo in awhile.

Thanks

·
Because 2 Are Better Then 1
10,292 Posts
This should help.

image-1387339669.jpg

Attachments

·
Killer of all things donut............
1,298 Posts
Most likely early 90's now that I am thinking about it, thank you for reply.:)

I'll take a picture, I'm not familiar with accessory rail.
Under the slide just in front of the trigger guard, there will be a groove cut into both sides of the frame. That is the rail used to mount lights, lasers or other accessories.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Post your first 3 letters of the serial number. I will look it up 9Glock Database) and tell you when it was test fired and your Gen.

·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've tried to upload photos about 4 times, I don't have problems with other sites, will give another try.

·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Letters are BTW

·
Very Cool Member
3,275 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
i agree with Nikita , its a Gen 2 ... the earlier ones had the infamous rubber case some refer to as a Tupperware case" i had a early 90s that was a gen 3 in that case so, its best to see if it has a light rail on the bottom like in the above pics...those started on the Gen 3s , which in my opinion are the Best ! Dont forget to use a re coil buffer on all Glocks, it is cheap insurance.....:)

·
I'm a peacock, you gotta let me fly!
998 Posts
Ah the gen 2 g19. You lucky... Nice glock sir. Wish I could find a gen 2 19

1 - 20 of 37 Posts