Glock Firearms banner

261 - 280 of 425 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Finally received my permit in the mail today. I've been carrying the temporary paper permit for 2 months now.

Here in Kansas it took me 120 days for them to approve me my paper temp permit & another 60 days for the permit pictured below. All in all it was worth the wait.

Class- $75.00
Finger prints - $35.00
Attorney General - $100.00
CCW DMV FEE - $8.00

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
I guess I can't get to upset about my wait time here in SC after reading about the costs in other States. We've got a 90 day wait time, but the Permit is $50. Class prices vary from instructor to instructor. I paid $35. So all in all $85 out the door isn't too bad.

·
Registered
10 Posts
AZ

I live in Arizona I went to Gunsite to take the course. It is an 8 hour course during which finger prints are taken and application to DPS is filled out. The finger print card and the app along with a 60 dollar fee are sent to DPS who then transmits the finger prints to the feds. I had my license in 10 days.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Indiana does an extensive back ground check, takes finger prints, and 4-8 weeks later you have your permit! Not real hard but very in depth!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Here in MN just a simple range proving you can hit the target, and I think it was a 4 hour class then you have to apply in your county with the proper documents from the class. most counties are pretty easy going unless you live in Hennepin county, they have something like a 95% denial rate, they will deny you for something as stupid as a traffic violation. just about any other county will be less forgving. Soon as my lease is up I am leaving Hennepin county just for this reason.

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
Nevada, costs about $250.00 for the filing fee & the firearms class. Took about a month to show up in the mail.

·
Registered
5 Posts
in michigan u have to take an 8 hrs class pass a test then apply for the permit adn turn it in to the county you live and then wait about 3-4 months

·
Registered
5 Posts
VA here. 5 hour class then you take the certificate from the class and the application to the courthouse and they have to issue your license or deny it with a reasonable reason within 45 days. VA is a shall issue state. Iirc the only restrictions in place are federal on who qualifies. No felons, no pending charges, no mentally handicapped.

I open carried previously, have my class tomorrow night. My dad went through the process about a year ago after a shooting at his apartment complex and he had his back in less than two weeks.

Curious how other states are.

You know in Va you can now take a on-line gun safety class. The on-line class only takes about 15 minutes

·
Registered
17 Posts
Pennsylvania was not bad at all. I needed 2 signatures of residents in my county and $25 for the fee. Then within 2 weeks I had my permit issued by the county sheriff.

·
King of my Castle until my wife comes home
2,929 Posts
AZ not bad, went to class 8 hours and demonstrate proficiency at 10 yards, quick test. If you submit complete paper work about 2 - 3 weeks. If your instructor forgets to sign paper work and you forget to check it because of all the excitement, then they send back your app. In 2 -3 weeks, And you get everything signed and re-send so additional 3 weeks for being dumb arse like me.... But no matter I got it and am happy received in the mail yesterday!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I live in Illinois...I know what you're thinking and there is no such CCW permit. It sucks! I have a Florida CCW permit though and am able to carry concealed in 31 states I think it is since I'm a Non-Resident Florida living in Illinois. I filled out the Florida application, got finger prints from Police Dept, mailed check out and received my Florida CCW permit in about 3 weeks.

In the Quad Cities, Iowa is so close to me I venture out to Iowa daily. But, Illinois has no such thing. I want to move to Iowa, but am unable to.

·
Registered
178 Posts
paul279 said:
I live in Illinois...I know what you're thinking and there is no such CCW permit. It sucks! I have a Florida CCW permit though and am able to carry concealed in 31 states I think it is since I'm a Non-Resident Florida living in Illinois. I filled out the Florida application, got finger prints from Police Dept, mailed check out and received my Florida CCW permit in about 3 weeks.

In the Quad Cities, Iowa is so close to me I venture out to Iowa daily. But, Illinois has no such thing. I want to move to Iowa, but am unable to.
Do yourself a favor and move to Wisconsin.

·
Banned
1,081 Posts
paul279 said:

Welcome to the forum Paul279!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
8 hour class: $100-$150. Application/Fingerprinting/Background fees: $132.50. Concealed Carry License card: $16. The ability to protect yourself and the ones you love with deadly force: Priceless.

The process takes about 90 days assuming you have your ducks in a row. KS doesn't make it easy, but it's not unreasonably hard either.

261 - 280 of 425 Posts