how did u get used to cc

Discussion in 'Conceal & Open Carry' started by Sw10mm, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Texmos

Texmos Glock, Victorinox, Maxpedition. Repeat.

What you describe as your current method of carry is known in the community as 'Mexican Carry'. It's not a racist thing, even Massad Ayoob calls it that. He also very much discourages the practice; as do most firearms experts.

2. bigstoner07

bigstoner07 New Member

But u are smart enough to not to have one in the pipe with said"Mexican carry" I say go plus one but u really need something around that trigger. U could wrap ur shirt around it while in your pants. What's that gangland style?

3. Texmos

Haha. I think that's called 'Plaxico Burress shoot yourself in the thigh' style. :)

4. Glock_26

Glock_26 Junior Member

Haha I like that "Mexican style" I am Hispanic but not Mexican not that I have anything against them lol but I know it's not the safest way but I rather have it there then not have it at all but I will be getting my iwb holster tomorrow in the mail so I will be having one in the pipe from tomorrow on

5. Texmos

Here is a nice explanation of the origin of the term by Massad Ayoob:

Honorable History
    If you go back to the roots of this term, you find that there is no racism, nor anything else pejorative in "Mexican Carry." The lore of the gun tells us that back in the 19th Century, the Mexican vaquero, much like the American cowboy, was an independent and self-reliant sort who often made it a point to carry a handgun. Alas, the history of 19th century Mexico was entailed one despot rising after another. The day came when the average citizen was stripped of his former right to go armed when he wished.

This did not sit well with the fiercely freedom-loving caballeros. They grudgingly took off their gun belts and holsters, because possession of those accoutrements would be seen as evidence that they had violated the draconian new laws that disarmed them. However, they defiantly kept their handguns, simply stuffing them into the waistband behind their ordinary belt. If the Federales hove into view, the citizen would simply slip his revolver into some discreet place where he could retrieve it later.

Thus, as I understand the history of the matter, there's nothing culturally negative about "Mexican Carry," as it became known. When we use the term, we're paying homage to generations of men south of the border who refused to give up the right to protect themselves and their families because petty tyrants attempted to make them helpless.

Mexican Carry is an interesting artifact of defensive handgun history, and can sometimes be the lesser of two evils when a pistol needs to be carried unexpectedly. But it usually causes more problems than it solves, and is left to history rather than practice by most competent handgunners.the term 'Mexican Carry':

Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
  6. Glock_26

Glock_26 Junior Member

That's a real good explanation and I agree its definitely not racist at all

7. Glock_26

Glock_26 Junior Member

Got this in the mail today!

image-163755983.jpg

image-695013217.jpg

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  8. Sorry, auto correct sucks at times:)))

9. Guilty... Walmart, Kmart, public and bank. All felt weird, especially the bank. Don't carry every day yet, but getting more comfortable.

10. WaStFireman

WaStFireman New Member

Looks like a reds holster to me!!! Nice choice!!'

11. Glock_26

Glock_26 Junior Member

Yes it is sir and I love it thanks

12. WaStFireman

WaStFireman New Member

Man they are so nice. So easy to wear and really conceals my 23 so nice. And I'm not a big guy. Any problem with the clips bending?

13. ncarnage

ncarnage Member

Hardest thing for me to get used to was when I started doing appendix carry. Having one in the chamber and pointing at your family jewels is a bit nerve wrecking. You get used to it.

Being competent and having confidence in your firearm makes a world of a difference.

14. I don't find appendix carry very comfortable.

15. WaStFireman

WaStFireman New Member

Man I've thought about it but I don't know if I can bring myself to do it. Lol. I'll stick to 4 o'clock ha

16. Glock_26

Glock_26 Junior Member

No my clips are perfectly fine

17. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

I (along with a lot of other women I know) find appendix carry to be the most comfortable position. I think it may have to do with the build of our bodies. Because we generally have wider hips, the hip and behind the hip positions don't work as well. At least that's how it is for me.

18. bigstoner07

bigstoner07 New Member

I could see it with a compact or sub compact but in only carry full sized and don't think I could sit down comfortably with appendix carry. Not to mention the muzzle that close to my junk does concern me a lot more than my ass meat.

19. jamespo

jamespo New Member

Taking a gun into a bar just doesn't seem like a
    Good idea to me

20. bigstoner07

bigstoner07 New Member

Then don't. Get beat up at the bar lol. I don't go often or get heavily intoxicated. But if not at work I have my gun on my hip. U are way back in the conversation. And that was just a what if scenario. U are most likely to find angry ego and testosterone filled people at a bar around women and alcohol.