Glock Firearms banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
1,810 Posts
Dies don't look like they're adjusted properly. Also, what kind of lube are you using on the cases. While rifle cases will require more effort they still shouldn't be as hard as you're describing to resize if they're lubed properly. I've been using the Lee Lube mixed in some rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle for years and years and never had any trouble sizing a rifle case.
I would also double check your dies and make sure Lee didn't mix up a 7.62x39mm sizing die into thier set, probably not but ya' never know.

·
Banned
1,810 Posts
Yep, sounds like you got the Lee die set with the Factory Crimp Die in it. When you set up your sizing/depriming die you put the shell holder in the press and run the ram all the way up, then you adjust the sizing die until it just touches the shell holder then back it off just a very little bit so the two parts won't touch. I'd say maybe .010" if even that much. That way when you pull the lever on the press all the way to the bottom you'll not have the shell holder hit the die and you'll fully resize the case.
Also, if you're using the Lee Case lube(the white pasty stuff in a tube) get a small spray bottle from the store and some rubbing alcohol. Put the alcohol into the spray bottle(say a 12 oz bottle) and squeeze out about a 3" long "worm" of lube into the bottle. Shake that stuff up real good until the lube mixes with the alcohol then you can stand up all the cases on a piece of paper and spray em' down good. That'll get lube not only on the outside of the case but in the inside of the neck area as well.
I've tried the RCBS Lube Pads where you apply the lube to the pad then roll the cases onto it and it was nothing but a sticky mess. The Lee Lube in a spray bottle with alcohol is a much faster and cleaner way to apply the lube and you can let the cases sit for just a bit and let the alcohol evaporate so you'll just have a thin fill of lube left. Just make sure to use the 90% alcohol since it'll have less water then the 70% stuff.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uZbTZCsIGQ[/ame]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts