Glock Forum banner

Hornady Zombie Max

7K views 45 replies 30 participants last post by  nukinfuts29 
#1 ·
So I have to say that the marketing department over at Hornady has a great sense of humor. I couldn't help it, but yes, I am one of those people that bought some just because of the box and the green tip, but found out later that they are actually a quality round (part of their Critical Defense line) I shot several through my G23, and they cycle great. I put one through a chicken (from the store-ready to cook, not live!) and it leaves a good size exit...love em'!

#5 ·
Zombie max will probably be the most sold, yet fewest fired ammo on the market. I am glad to see Hornady knows how to sell bullets!

#7 ·
Bass Pro for $17.49. Bought some last weekend. Shot a few kept the rest. They made a different sound coming out of my G17, little bit quieter.
I wonder if they're loaded a little weaker than the CD? It's the same bullet, just with green polymer instead of red, but I haven't seen anything on the specs yet.

#10 ·
I bought some the other day, because the gun store where I went was out of the Critical Defense rounds. I shot a few through my g27 and couldn't tell any difference in how they shot from my normal practice rounds which is 165 fmj Winchesters. The muzzle velocity listed on the box is 1175 fps. Which if correct is a little faster than my practice loads. I believe that they are quality defense rounds.

#22 ·
haven't seen anything on the specs yet.
HORNADY ZOMBIE MAX PISTOL AMMUNITION:
9mm (Luger) 115gr 1,135fps @ muzzle, 329 ft-lbs ; 4-inch test barrel
.40S&W 165gr 1,045fps @ muzzle, 400 ft-lbs ; 3-inch test barrel
.45ACP 185gr 900fps @ muzzle, 333 ft-lbs ; 3-inch test barrel

(Source: http://www.hornady.com/ammunition/zombiemax)

*PS* I always get into this debate with a good friend: is it pronounced "HORNADEE" or "HORNADAY"? :confused:

#24 ·
*PS* I always get into this debate with a good friend: is it pronounced "HORNADEE" or "HORNADAY"? :confused:
I use 'dee, because there's no A to make it 'day. That's how I've always heard it pronounced as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.