Glock Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd love to hear from any members who have used, tested, or carry this ammunition. Looks good based on the reviews I've seen so far. I carry a Glock 19, I'm interested in the +P version of the Critical Duty or do you think the standard pressure version would offer any advantages (or disadvantages)?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Really dig his ammo reviews. Well edited and great dialogue. Good for the analytical ammo geeks. Which I'm not.

[ame]http://youtu.be/wJZFZFmBKa0[/ame]

·
289 Posts
GastonGlock said:
I'd love to hear from any members who have used, tested, or carry this ammunition. Looks good based on the reviews I've seen so far. I carry a Glock 19, I'm interested in the +P version of the Critical Duty or do you think the standard pressure version would offer any advantages (or disadvantages)?
Check out the tnoutdoors9 YouTube channel. He has great ballistic gel tests for most common modern rounds. Should have results on this round as well. His tests are very well done.

·
289 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, yeah I've seen a bunch of Tnoutdoors9 videos. This was the video that actually sparked my interest in this particular round. Anyone else want to give their opinions on whether they'd choose the 135gr +P or 135gr standard pressure (for a G19, 4.02" barrel)? Interested in what my fellow Glock Forum members have to say.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Blades said:
Just use the regular pressure.
I've been buying this brand whenever i come across it, I've been buying the +p for use in my 19 and getting the standard pressure for my 26. Does it really matter that much? Or am I just being stupid.

·
1,611 Posts
I've been buying this brand whenever i come across it, I've been buying the +p for use in my 19 and getting the standard pressure for my 26. Does it really matter that much? Or am I just being stupid.
Your not being stupid, sometimes the +P is wasted in a short barrel, and in the G19 the +P is fine, just practice with it so your quick on the follow-up shots.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Blades said:
Your not being stupid, sometimes the +P is wasted in a short barrel, and in the G19 the +P is fine, just practice with it so your quick on the follow-up shots.
Thanks for the answer blades. Yeah I try to rotate a box in every month along with the federal I run for range use.

·
Registered
12 Posts
NYPD Load

NYPD uses G19's with Speer Gold Dot 124 +P's. Why not use something with a great street record? SG Ammo sells a box of 50 online for $25.95.

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
I want to see ballistic gel tests with a t-shirt and hoodie or a shirt and heavy coat placed in front of it to see how the round reacts.

·
Registered
105 Posts
124+P said:
NYPD uses G19's with Speer Gold Dot 124 +P's. Why not use something with a great street record? SG Ammo sells a box of 50 online for $25.95.
Have never bought ammo online except for once from cabelas. But i will definitely check out their site. I've contemplated using gold dots in my 26. But for my 19 I was very intrigued by the critical duty due to its exceptional barrier penetration(reviews and articles i've researched online, not personal tests) I still consider myself new to handguns so I'm sure one day soon that box of gold dots will appear in my closet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts