Glock Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if you have already seen this but I though it may have gotten lost where I originally posted. No looking to start a best self defense round thread, just trying to get some more info.

It seems many of you carry the Hornaday Critical Defense in 9mm. I have also gathered that this link http://ammo.ar15.com/project/Self_Defense_Ammo_FAQ/index.htm
seems to be info that a lot of you use.

Hornaday CD is not one of the recommended rounds and in fact it mentions there is only one 115 gr bullet recommended. Is this because the author considers it an inferior round or was it not available when the article was written?

It looks like a lot of you smart people recommend both this round and this site so I'm just wondering if I'm missing something or is it back to personal preference?

·
Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome
1,672 Posts
I use them because I like the idea of the polymer tip in them that keeps them from expanding till it hits the body. Keeps them from expanding on ski jackets and what not. I'm assuming 115gr is less because its a faster round so maybe they don't like the idea of the penetration. I'm just guessing on that though.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I've used cor-Bon powrball, Speer gold dot, Remington golden saber, winchester PDX1, Hornady TAP, and Hornady CD I love them all I just keep going back to the CD because it feeds so well and it's a hell of an accurate round. I use it in my 38, my 40s, my 9mm, and my 45. And the have always fed and shot FLAWLESSLY.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I've only heard good things about CD so I was just wounding why it wasn't listed, if there is some drawback I don't know about.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts