Glock Firearms banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
14,133 Posts
Product Recall Details:

Item number 9249

500 S&W 300 grain FTX® Custom™ Pistol Ammunition. These lots were shipped between September 9, 2010, and October 17, 2011.

Included Lot Numbers:

The lot number can be found printed on the lower portion of the box label.

If you own any of these Lot numbers or have any questions regarding this recall, please call 800-338-1242.

·
Registered
58 Posts
The range I shoot at just pulled all of theirs from the shelf today. It may not apply to all or any of us, but it's great to know and pass along, thanks!!

·
Are we there yet?
784 Posts
I don't see anyone on this forum owning or shooting a 500.
My brother has one, and I shoot it on occasion. Folks need to work on their imaginations. :p

the S&W 500 may have a reputation as a ludicrous gun, but it's an excellent performer. Ohio doesn't allow breech-loading rifles for deer, only plugged shotguns, handguns, and muzzleloaders. If you want to use centerfire weapons past 150 yards on deer, you pretty much need a large-bore, scoped pistol, and the S&W 500 puts 1/2" holes *way* out there.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know this didnt apply to glocks but I thought it would be good info just in case. Safe over sorry!!

·
Carry on my friends!!!!
974 Posts
Thank you very much!!!!

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
I don't see anyone on this forum owning or shooting a 500.
I will be getting mine around September with my vacation money:D:D. I can't get enough of hand canons. An against popular belief, they can be deadly accurate up to a 100 yards with a scope. They may not be the most tactical pistols out there but boy do they do some destruction to what ever they hit.

·
Are we there yet?
784 Posts
I will be getting mine around September with my vacation money:D:D. I can't get enough of hand canons. An against popular belief, they can be deadly accurate up to a 100 yards with a scope. They may not be the most tactical pistols out there but boy do they do some destruction to what ever they hit.
100 yards easily. I've read reports from handloaders scoring 50 hits in a row on a washing machine at *700* yards. The gun is capable of pushing a 700 grain bullet at >1200fps.

Personally, I think I'll pick up the 460XVR, which will shoot .460 S&W, .454 Casull, and .45 Colt.

·
Carry on my friends!!!!
974 Posts
Support Gunner said:
Welcome to the club :)

·
Banned
767 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts