Hornaday's Zombie-Max ammo...

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by Tireguy, Dec 17, 2011.

1. A friend sent me Hornaday's video (pretty cool!) touting their new Zombie Max ammo in select pistol/rifle/shotgun flavors.

Granted, they are just riding the zombie train like a lotta folks. But, if you see this as just another zombie gimmick, at least its functional!

I want a box...just to display in the man-cave with other zombie-esq stuff lying around.

2. neem19

neem19 Just trying to stay warm

Yea I saw it. They have it on the Hornady website. Pretty funny! I think my Lake City stuff will work just fine though.

3. kj4963

kj4963 New Member

Bought a couple of boxes, just a novelty item.

4. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

Great collector's item. I like the green tips. Green means go!

5. jln370

jln370 Member

TX
    The .223 has the same specs as the Hornady Vmax. The tip is just a different color.
    [ame]http://youtu.be/qCPjJTtDS6g[/ame]

6. jln370

jln370 Member

TX
  7. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

I haven't seen any in person yet, though I want to. For that matter, I haven't even seen pictures of the actual rounds; just the box. Hornady doesn't even list the specs on their website, which annoys me because I want to know what it is in more detail.

8. Selling like ice in the desert!

It is just Critical Defense with a different color tip in handgun ammo. Cool box, we sell it fast as we can get it! Now it's back ordered until????? Good luck getting any now!

9. ckgonska

ckgonska New Member

Looks like good stuff. Wouldn't waste it at the range though.

10. Did you read their disclaimer? Funny stuff!

Disclaimer: Hornady® Zombie Max™ ammunition is NOT a toy (IT IS LIVE AMMUNITION), but is intended only to be used on…ZOMBIES, also known as the living dead, undead, etc. No human being, plant, animal, vegetable or mineral should ever be shot with Hornady® Zombie Max™ ammunition. Again, we repeat, Hornady® Zombie Max™ ammunition is for use on ZOMBIES ONLY, and that's not a nickname, phrase or cute way of referring to anybody, place or thing. When we say Zombies, we mean…ZOMBIES!

11. nothing more than critical defense with different packaging and different color tip.:cool:

......but for some reason is a couple bucks less than critical. at least it is here at academy sports.

12. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

Anyone in AZ know where these can be purchased?

13. iRockGlock

iRockGlock Active Member

I tried buying them at Bass Pro today, but they're all sold out and on back order.
    But yea Bass Pro sells them bro

14. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

Did you place an order anyway? How much are they?