Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To protect our gun rights? Or is there another organization who would do us better? My friends and I had this discussion a week or so ago and it left me thinking. Several had good points both good and questionable. Just wondering what the consensus is on here. I live in Pa and there is another outfit called the Pennsylvania Firearms Association of which many gun friends of mine are active in..

·
Registered
917 Posts
Life member of Negotiating Rights Away since 1934 and the answer is a resounding NO! Not One More Penny.

I also belong and donate to GOA,SAF,FPC and my 2 state organizations.

Negotiating Rights Away since 1934's record of infringement and capitulation of Americans and members rights,a proud and storied tradition.

History
1791: The Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution is ratified.
The amendment reads:

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

After That
1871: The National Rifle Association was formed by Union Army veterans Col. William C. Church
and Gen. George Wingate.

After that, they start going the other way

The NRA actively supported the National Firearms Act of 1934.
The NRA actively supported the Federal Firearms Act of 1938
The NRA actively supported the Gun Control Act of 1968
The NRA actively supported the misnamed Firearms Owners Protection Act including the Hughes Amendment (1986)
The NRA actively supported the final version of the Assault Weapons Ban (1994)
The NRA _proposed_ the bump stock ban
The NRA is actively supporting “Red Flag” laws at the state and federal level.

http://jpfo.org/articles-assd02/nra-supported-nfa34.htm

With friends like Negoatiting Rights Away who needs the un American,anti Constitutional civilian disarmament propents,who are unaware that the NRA is aiding them in the goal of restricting the 2 nd. amendment.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Life member of Negotiating Rights Away since 1934 and the answer is a resounding NO! Not One More Penny.

I also belong and donate to GOA,SAF,FPC and my 2 state organizations.

Negotiating Rights Away since 1934's record of infringement and capitulation of Americans and members rights,a proud and storied tradition.

History
1791: The Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution is ratified.
The amendment reads:

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

After That
1871: The National Rifle Association was formed by Union Army veterans Col. William C. Church
and Gen. George Wingate.

After that, they start going the other way

The NRA actively supported the National Firearms Act of 1934.
The NRA actively supported the Federal Firearms Act of 1938
The NRA actively supported the Gun Control Act of 1968
The NRA actively supported the misnamed Firearms Owners Protection Act including the Hughes Amendment (1986)
The NRA actively supported the final version of the Assault Weapons Ban (1994)
The NRA _proposed_ the bump stock ban
The NRA is actively supporting “Red Flag” laws at the state and federal level.

http://jpfo.org/articles-assd02/nra-supported-nfa34.htm

With friends like Negoatiting Rights Away who needs the un American,anti Constitutional civilian disarmament propents,who are unaware that the NRA is aiding them in the goal of restricting the 2 nd. amendment.
I know GOA who are the other 2

·
Registered
130 Posts
To be honest... I have a hard time trusting that any pro gun rights organization protects my 2nd Ammendment rights in the state of NY. We lose more and more inalienable rights and never seem to get them back. I do support a state group, but I think that's merely out of my own guilt that I know I should contribute but I dont ever see or hear of anything getting done. Just my 2cents.

·
Registered
917 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
we have to give more they need there private planes and 2000 thousand dollar suits
From the numbers reported he spends quite a bit north than 2000 for his suits.

·
Grumpy Old Man
4,145 Posts
Over here we have the Sporting Shooters Association of Australia. They have always made big noises about the NRA! Trust me with an endorsement like that from the SSAA ? I wouldn't touch the NRA with a ten foot barge pole!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Got over my love and membership wit the NRA in 1995.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Over here we have the Sporting Shooters Association of Australia. They have always made big noises about the NRA! Trust me with an endorsement like that from the SSAA ? I wouldn't touch the NRA with a ten foot barge pole!
That is sad. We have several "Grass Roots" organizations here. On in particular claims near the same membership numbers as the NRA. Dunno, but they are very large, very well funded, and very much out of the NooZ. They do a lot of good things and work hard for their membership. Still don't have the recognition in the political game though.
I watched NRA reps pack up and leave town two nights before the Texas Constitutional Carry vote. I admit that some well meaning overzealous folks probably poisoned the water on it, but that still wasn't the thing to do. It may have just been enough to take the heat of the limp wrested legislators. The Governator has said since day one, put it on my desk and it will be law.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
35,744 Posts
It’s really sad that our 2nd Amendment rights need “protection” at all, but this current administration makes it very important & necessary.
Having a Supreme Court that’s supposedly enshrined to interpret laws adherence to our Constitution would make “rights” organizations unnecessary but we see how that has been going for the last almost 100 years with gun control.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Having a Supreme Court that’s supposedly enshrined to interpret laws adherence to our Constitution would make “rights” organizations unnecessary but we see how that has been going for the last almost 100 years with gun control.
SCROTUM has proven it's self worthless as it's evident that their first duty is not to the Constitution as written,I wouldn't hold my breath.

·
Registered
917 Posts
The Robert’s Obamacare decision did it for me. I’ve no faith in the Supreme Court or any court for that matter.
Correct.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts