• Yes

Votes: 43 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
141 - 160 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
I once paid for and attended a CCW prep class. :ROFLMAO: Glad it didn't cost much because I sure didn't give much in return, just half a day of lectures covering general laws, safety basics, and shooting techniques (sight use, grip styles,ammo types, etc.) with plastic pistols, a short written test at the end and no shooting.
I agree that from a certain grade NRA style firearms safety and shooting courses should be a voluntary part, like sports, of regular school curriculum.
Passing such a course should be a prerequisite to buying a firearm from a dealer and passing an advanced shooting course should be a prerequisite for a CCW.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp..............

·
Registered
273 Posts
I've watched this video several times now and there are a lot of things to talk about.

1. I like this guy and respect his service in the military. God bless him and his family.
2. That said, there are several things that are wrong.
3. He should not have left his gun in his truck out at night. He should have locked it into his home.
4. He said he wanted to defend his wife, but why did he run out firing his rifle, to defend his BMW and his truck? Was his wife in the BMW? Or the truck?
5. He ended up with his BMW being bull riddled and totaled. Not a good outcome. No matter what you think about BMW, that was a nice car probably until it got hosed by gun fire.
6. The a holes that tried to steal the gun from his truck were successful. They now have another gun to commit crime.

Again not to criticize but this is just not a good situation overall.

·
Registered
273 Posts
No it wasn't but I think it's a good thing that he's not gonna "do any time" for it. Just another observation and another lesson as well as to what you so aptly put.
Indeed, that part is good. I think he overreacted but personally it's okay with me, although I feel sorry for the nice BMW. No sympathy for the a holes that were trying to rob him.

·
Premium Member
6,734 Posts

·
Glockin’ since 1993
47,526 Posts
Font Screenshot Number Circle

A homeowner in Washington fatally shot a man who tried to break into his home Friday, authorities said.

Deputies with the Pierce County Sheriff's Department received a call from someone saying a man was trying to break into his home and that he had shot him. When they arrived, they found a 36-year-old man dead on a back porch, authorities said.

The homeowner was taken into police custody.

Investigators later learned the deceased man and his girlfriend lived next door. The couple had an argument and the woman went to the neighbor's home, authorities said.

The woman had an active no-contact order against her boyfriend, police said. The man who was shot and killed attempted to break into the neighbor's home before he was shot, officials said. He also made threats against the people inside, including his girlfriend.

The shooter, a 59-year-old man, was interviewed and released. Prosecutors will review the case to determine if any charges will be filed.

·
Registered
813 Posts
With Washington's weird firearms laws this could be a tricky case. Whether or not the homeowner gets charged with something will depend a lot on the local sheriff's and district attorney's opinions concerning firearms and home defense.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp............

·
Glockin’ since 1993
47,526 Posts
With Washington's weird firearms laws this could be a tricky case. Whether or not the homeowner gets charged with something will depend a lot on the local sheriff's and district attorney's opinions concerning firearms and home defense.
I was talking to a buddy about this yesterday. Clear cut self defense cases just aren’t anymore. It depends on where you live, the police, the prosecutors, state law, races involved, etc.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Too bad the old guy had a heart attack afterward but it sounds like he's going to be okay.
His customers definitely approve of and admire what he did.
I wonder what he was shooting? From the sound and recoil it looks like it may have been a shotgun.
Ride Safe. Dr. Tramp..........

·
Registered
273 Posts
Too bad the old guy had a heart attack afterward but it sounds like he's going to be okay.
His customers definitely approve of and admire what he did.
I wonder what he was shooting? From the sound and recoil it looks like it may have been a shotgun.
Ride Safe. Dr. Tramp..........
I think it was a shotgun, looking at the video.

He could see the bad guy approaching the store with a rifle even before he entered. There was a camera mounted outside, connected to a surveillance TV near the cash register. So he had time to break out his shotgun. Good preparation.

You can hear the guy who was screaming "He shot my hand off! he shot my hand off!" as he was trying to get away in the black BMW SUV. I think he'll think twice before trying to hold up another convenience store.

I didn't know the owner had a heart attack, hope he is doing well.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I think it was a shotgun, looking at the video.

He could see the bad guy approaching the store with a rifle even before he entered. There was a camera mounted outside, connected to a surveillance TV near the cash register. So he had time to break out his shotgun. Good preparation.

You can hear the guy who was screaming "He shot my hand off! he shot my hand off!" as he was trying to get away in the black BMW SUV. I think he'll think twice before trying to hold up another convenience store.

I didn't know the owner had a heart attack, hope he is doing well.
A later report said the owner used a shotgun but nothing about what it was or was loaded with and he is recovering and doing well enough to be back at work.
The idiot that was shot is recovering and will be in custody as soon as he's healthy enough, the other three idiots were arrested while sitting outside of the hospital where they'd dropped off their amigo in the stolen BMW with drugs and stolen firearms in their possession. DUH!
While they all qualify for long periods of incarceration due to the overwhelmed court systems and overflowing prison and jail populations they'll likely be back out on the streets relatively soon.
Personally I consider all four of them to be prime candidates for retroactive abortions; a 12 gauge slug to the head.

141 - 160 of 170 Posts