• Yes

Votes: 37 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
61 - 80 of 105 Posts

·
Glockin’ since 1993
46,292 Posts
If you came to NY, you would have a much different opinion in what you think unified is. How do you think we ended up with so many gun laws in NY, lol. As i commented the other day, i spoke with people at the local club, they didnt wanna hear a word. That says people dont give a sh!t, to me. Now don`t get me wrong, there ARE a very few select people here in NY that are ready to throw down. But that is such a tiny number that they would be stomped out in a second.

I use to be a NRA member, but i quit them a long time ago when they compromised way to many times in a row and folded to the politicians. We shouldn`t be compromising one single thing. The NRA has taken way to much from us for far to long. Even if they get Wayne LopEars out, i`ll be long gone in the dirt before they ever clean up their mess internally.

Only time you see the NRA do anything, is when they jump on the coat tail of other organizations lawsuits.

NRA = No Rights Anymore
You forget I’m from Jersey. We had NJARPC but gun owners are such an insignificant minority that politicians would just laugh us off.
I still consider myself a member of the NRA, life member but it’s been ages since I’ve given them money. I won’t until I see some positive changes.

·
Premium Member
6,407 Posts
You forget I’m from Jersey. We had NJARPC but gun owners are such an insignificant minority that politicians would just laugh us off.
I still consider myself a member of the NRA, life member but it’s been ages since I’ve given them money. I won’t until I see some positive changes.
Yes, i did forget you were from NJ, my bad. So you know exactly what i`m talking about. Its a no win situation.
Any of these blue states, gun owners will never win. Its stacked against them. I think that`s why alot of people here just flat out gave up.
No doubt that Jersey isn`t much different than NY. Both states are just terrible. We can`t even protect ourselves here anymore. And more laws are in the pipeline too.

NRA = Neglecting Rights Again

·
Glockin’ since 1993
46,292 Posts
Yes, i did forget you were from NJ, my bad. So you know exactly what i`m talking about. Its a no win situation.
Any of these blue states, gun owners will never win. Its stacked against them. I think that`s why alot of people here just flat out gave up.
No doubt that Jersey isn`t much different than NY. Both states are just terrible. We can`t even protect ourselves here anymore. And more laws are in the pipeline too.

NRA = Neglecting Rights Again
Pretty much became a felon overnight there when they passed the state’s Assault Weapon Ban. Figured it was time to skedaddle!
…and what happened when they passed their landmark AWB? Why a continuing barrage of more and more gun control. Because they’ll never stop until all guns are banned.
😡 It’s common sense gun control.

·
Super Moderator
64,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Rectangle Font Electric blue Space Darkness

·
Registered
596 Posts
Turns out the Libs have the solution!😃 Ban Guns!
Problem solved.🥳🎉🍻👏🏻
That wasn't a biased report at all was it? :)
Notice that he didn't mention that the NY Red Flag system failed entirely in regards to the Buffalo shooter.
Also, it turns out that there wasn't a cop inside the school in Texas and the cops that showed up not only sat outside for an hour while the shooting was going but prevented civilians, Border Patrol, and other Fed cops from entering the school.
No, let's ignore all that and blame everything on guns.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp............
PS: He's right about Cruz though, the man is a slime ball. Unfortunately that's become the norm so he's no different from all the other slime balls in office.:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
64,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
I’ve talked with a few of my fellow gun enthusiasts over the past few days. The consensus is that they all feel less safe knowing the police failed to enter.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I’ve talked with a few of my fellow gun enthusiasts over the past few days. The consensus is that they all feel less safe knowing the police failed to enter.
Since the shooting the cops have come up with several different and constantly changing excuses for not going into the school and there's an immense amount of CYA maneuvering and finger pointing going on.
The people that lost their kids in the shooting are demanding that somebody, in particular the police chief that was ostensibly in charge, be held responsible but I doubt anything will come of their demands. He was actually sworn in as a member of the city council just after the shooting.
They're not rich and have no political pull or connections so they'll just end up with "thoughts and prayers" from those in power.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp............

·
Registered
319 Posts
look it, it would be hard to live with because the human brain is trained to not kill ...
No, it’s not.
Actually Christians grew up in Church and learned, "thy shalt not kill". So that is why you need training. Of course then you need additional training to managed the "fight or flight" response. Then you need more training to stay sharp and up to date.

Don't forget: Amateurs Practice Until They Get It Right; Professionals Practice Until They Can’t Get It Wrong

·
Registered
62 Posts
This is the law in California (see link below). You do have the right to use legal force to protect yourself or another person, if you reasonably believe that you or they are in imminent danger of physical harm, and that force is necessary to stop the danger. California has the 'Castle doctrine', which means you do not have to retreat if somebody breaks into your own home.

It's a tricky line because if you use excessive force you could be charged with manslaughter or murder.

·
Premium Member
6,407 Posts
This is the law in California (see link below). You do have the right to use legal force to protect yourself or another person, if you reasonably believe that you or they are in imminent danger of physical harm, and that force is necessary to stop the danger. California has the 'Castle doctrine', which means you do not have to retreat if somebody breaks into your own home.

It's a tricky line because if you use excessive force you could be charged with manslaughter or murder.

Pretty ridiculous how some of these states determine how hard you killed someone to protect your own life.
In NY, you shoot someone in your home, you had better had been backed into a corner with no doors or windows near you.
Never mind how many bullets you get put in your back with while you`re trying to "retreat". I`m disabled, i have no way to retreat.

·
Premium Member
6,407 Posts
This all depends on what excavation equipment you own and where you ditch the vehicles!
I do own a kubota backhoe, and my wife runs it very well. Now you know why i treat my wife so well :D
Probably the worst thing a man could ever do, is to teach his wife how to run a backhoe :oops:

·
Super Moderator
76,871 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Pretty ridiculous how some of these states determine how hard you killed someone to protect your own life.
In NY, you shoot someone in your home, you had better had been backed into a corner with no doors or windows near you.
Never mind how many bullets you get put in your back with while you`re trying to "retreat". I`m disabled, i have no way to retreat.
Well, I have to live with it. The laws in California are what they are. I just need to be crystal clear on what is and what is not justified lethal force, just like I need to train to become completely familiar with my gun.

·
Legitimate Combatant
7,024 Posts
Well, I have to live with it. The laws in California are what they are. I just need to be crystal clear on what is and what is not justified lethal force, just like I need to train to become completely familiar with my gun.
Investigate insurance!
It could save your a$$ if involved in a self defense situation.

61 - 80 of 105 Posts