Do you believe in Lethal Force to Protect your Homestead

• Yes

Votes: 47 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
14,913 Posts
Just remember; if you use a firearm, or any means of deadly force for that matter, to defend yourself or your property against an armed attacker/intruder be knowledgeable of and ready to deal with the possible legal consequences that exist in your particular state and community.
For example; if I whack an armed intruder here in Wyoming the legal consequences are going to be much different than if my brother does the same thing where he lives in Colorado.
So educate yourselves and look into legal coverage from an organization like USCCA, Legal Shield, etc., because as an attorney friend once told me, "The law best favors those who can best afford it."
Now back to our regularly scheduled program. :)
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp..........
Or you could be in WA state like me. Concealed carry insurance is illegal, I cannot shoot someone over property, & if I do use legal deadly force. I’ll be civilly screwed at the very least. We have no castle doctrine or stand your ground laws here.

· Premium Member
14,913 Posts
Your tax dollars at work; against you. Sounds like WA firearm owners need to get organized and start using their voting power.
It's amazing how much better politicians listen when their place at the tax payer funded feed trough is threatened.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp............
We go to 10 round magazines in July. Too many Cali transplants due to the Tech Industry here. Our Governor imo is a dangerous man to have power. He hasn’t even relinquished his emergency powers granted for Covid. He also likes wasting money running for President.

· Premium Member
14,913 Posts
The words out of your mouth will save or convict you. Someone breaks in you're in fear of your life! You don't know if the criminal us after property or is there to kill you; the two often go hand in hand. You used necessary force to end the threat, plain and simple. My home was also WA for most of my life and the on going absurdity there resulted in relocating my family to a free state (Oklahoma).
I appreciate the reply. I worked in the system for years. I know what you say “Can be used against you in a court of law. I also know that what you say to the police directly after, cannot be used to defend you. My family has an attorney on retainer. No offense to any Leo’s on this forum. If I’m being questioned by the police in that situation. It would be with my attorney present.

· Premium Member
14,913 Posts
Yeah, but this wasn't about property. This was about protecting himself from severe bodily harm. You have to break this down:

1. Guy sees a stranger inside his vehicle and another guy around his vehicle.
2. Guy asks 'hey what are you doing?'
3. Perps respond by pepper spraying him and possibly firing a gun
4. Guy pulls guns for which he had legal CCW permit and opens fire
5. Perps flee

I mean, even under California law this seems a clean cut situation where you can use lethal force for self defense.
In states like California & WA they’ll say if you hadn’t confronted the car thieves carrying a pistol. You wouldn’t have been in a situation to use lethal force. In this case the “ good guy” probably won’t be charged since he didn’t drop any bodies. Another thing to consider in far blue states is the civil penalties. Being cleared criminally doesn’t stop someone from taking you to civil court in some states. I don’t agree with it, but that’s the way it goes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts