• Yes

Votes: 44 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,760 Posts
Your tax dollars at work; against you. Sounds like WA firearm owners need to get organized and start using their voting power.
It's amazing how much better politicians listen when their place at the tax payer funded feed trough is threatened.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp............
Or worse, you could be living in NYS, where we are thoroughly out numbered by dictators.
NYS is a "duty to retreat" state, even when you`re trying to run away with 15 bullets in your back.

·
Premium Member
6,760 Posts
We go to 10 round magazines in July. Too many Cali transplants due to the Tech Industry here. Our Governor imo is a dangerous man to have power. He hasn’t even relinquished his emergency powers granted for Covid. He also likes wasting money running for President.
Trust me when i say, that i feel your pain.

·
Premium Member
6,760 Posts
I would have to say this was justifiable in the video below. But in the state of NYS, you would have been arrested for protecting yourself.
Now, which brings a question to my mind, being that i live in NYS "duty to retreat"... i am disabled, i can`t retreat... so i`ll have to take my chances with the jury.

As far as i`m concerned, this homeowner in this video had every right to smoke every one of those parasites.

·
Premium Member
6,760 Posts

This is WRONG and INCCORECT information about NY magazines. We can NOT possess ANY magazine over 10 rounds...period.
"In some cases magazines that were bought before the law was put in place must be registered with the police"

·
Premium Member
6,760 Posts
This was interesting. This law firm is in Binghamton NY. It sheds some light on the differences between florida and ny with "stand your ground".

·
Premium Member
6,760 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,760 Posts
What is NYS? Sounds like a terrible place. I bet the politicians have some sort of Castle Doctrine for themselves. I have lived in places where you could not defend yourself unless the perps were inside your house. In SC where I used to live it was legal to shoot through a door or window if someone unwelcome was trying to enter through it. As someone, Dr Tramp I believe, said above one must know the laws where one is. That said I would rather be in legal trouble than dead.
NYS means New York State. And yes, a very horrible place, if you like freedom.

·
Premium Member
6,760 Posts
Idiot box says it’s so rare we need to just ban guns.
Media is going after the “Good guy with a gun” narrative. We need to just shut up and listen! Just like BLM says. We are the problem and it’s their turn to set the table. Speaking out proves your guilt and your privilege.
It is because we`ve never spoke out for decades, and that`s why we are still in the toilet, and still allow ourselves to continue to be sh!t on. We aren`t unified, yet.

·
Premium Member
6,760 Posts
We were unified by the NRA for decades and decades. The millions of members and lobbyists were feared by politicians. The NRA turned into a bloated, money making scheme instead of being the preeminent rights organization. It exists but isn’t the imposing monolith it once was. We have a number of smaller gun rights groups really fighting, mostly in the courts. I keep hoping Wayne LaPierre steps down and the NRA regains it’s bearings but year after year it’s just disappointment after disappointment.
If you came to NY, you would have a much different opinion in what you think unified is. How do you think we ended up with so many gun laws in NY, lol. As i commented the other day, i spoke with people at the local club, they didnt wanna hear a word. That says people dont give a sh!t, to me. Now don`t get me wrong, there ARE a very few select people here in NY that are ready to throw down. But that is such a tiny number that they would be stomped out in a second.

I use to be a NRA member, but i quit them a long time ago when they compromised way to many times in a row and folded to the politicians. We shouldn`t be compromising one single thing. The NRA has taken way to much from us for far to long. Even if they get Wayne LopEars out, i`ll be long gone in the dirt before they ever clean up their mess internally.

Only time you see the NRA do anything, is when they jump on the coat tail of other organizations lawsuits.

NRA = No Rights Anymore

·
Premium Member
6,760 Posts
You forget I’m from Jersey. We had NJARPC but gun owners are such an insignificant minority that politicians would just laugh us off.
I still consider myself a member of the NRA, life member but it’s been ages since I’ve given them money. I won’t until I see some positive changes.
Yes, i did forget you were from NJ, my bad. So you know exactly what i`m talking about. Its a no win situation.
Any of these blue states, gun owners will never win. Its stacked against them. I think that`s why alot of people here just flat out gave up.
No doubt that Jersey isn`t much different than NY. Both states are just terrible. We can`t even protect ourselves here anymore. And more laws are in the pipeline too.

NRA = Neglecting Rights Again

·
Premium Member
6,760 Posts
This is the law in California (see link below). You do have the right to use legal force to protect yourself or another person, if you reasonably believe that you or they are in imminent danger of physical harm, and that force is necessary to stop the danger. California has the 'Castle doctrine', which means you do not have to retreat if somebody breaks into your own home.

It's a tricky line because if you use excessive force you could be charged with manslaughter or murder.

Pretty ridiculous how some of these states determine how hard you killed someone to protect your own life.
In NY, you shoot someone in your home, you had better had been backed into a corner with no doors or windows near you.
Never mind how many bullets you get put in your back with while you`re trying to "retreat". I`m disabled, i have no way to retreat.

·
Premium Member
6,760 Posts
This all depends on what excavation equipment you own and where you ditch the vehicles!
I do own a kubota backhoe, and my wife runs it very well. Now you know why i treat my wife so well :D
Probably the worst thing a man could ever do, is to teach his wife how to run a backhoe :oops:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts