Homemade targets

Discussion in 'Range Reports' started by mpgo4th, Jun 13, 2012.

1. mpgo4th

mpgo4th Member

I have some time today so I went into the scrape metal pile and made some pistol targets. Its my first try so tell me what you think.
    square.jpg

round.jpg

round back.jpg

side.jpg

both.jpg

2. mpgo4th

mpgo4th Member

sorry they all loaded sideways

3. antek

antek New Member

Not bad at all.. Looks pretty good!

4. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

I like mine to swing free, if they are to rigid with no give your chance of bounce backs kinda goes up. If you can find some deep sand to set them up in, that might help.

I just don't like to shoot steel close up. I know Hickock45 does it, but I like to get quite a ways back.

Just don't like getting shot, kind of a sissy I suppose.

5. mpgo4th

mpgo4th Member

Sissy! LOL. I agree 100% Ive never shot steel before but I do plan on shooting from a "safer" distance. Thats also why I made them lean forward 30 degrees to deflect bullets to the ground. Its a pain in the butt to find targets to shot at the house thats why I made some. I will let you know how they work.

6. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

Okay, gotcha. LOL I saw the deflection angle you put in, that's what I meant about the soft sand, if front of the target, where they're going to hit.

Your on the right track anyway. Good Luck

7. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Turned out pretty good...

8. mpgo4th

mpgo4th Member

Update: I have not shot these targets yet but today I shot the other on I made. It was 8"X12" made from 3/16 steel. Fisrt let me say it was fun, second 3/16 in NOT heavy enough.
    I shot 20 rounds with my glock 26 and the back of the target looks like it has the mumps. I stopped because Im not too sure what I was doing was safe.

9. SteveC

SteveC New Member

They were sideways? I thought they were just gangsta-style.